Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
What was cool about the whole Demon ordering, was the fact that each Demon was delivered in a enclosed carrier via Reliable/various other transport companies.
It added to the excitement knowing your car was coming in a enclosed, protected trailer.
At this price point, no reason why Ford couldn't elevate the experience by offering the same.
I guess at the end of the day, its just a mustang, right? As the Demon is just a challenger.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
What was cool about the whole Demon ordering, was the fact that each Demon was delivered in a enclosed carrier via Reliable/various other transport companies.
It added to the excitement knowing your car was coming in a enclosed, protected trailer.
At this price point, no reason why Ford couldn't elevate the experience by offering the same.
I guess at the end of the day, its just a mustang, right? As the Demon is just a challenger.
Well the Demon was limited production, the GT500 is not. It would have been cool to order the "delivery experience" (like the vette), but that would require Ford to actually be open about WTF goes on in their production management.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
That would be plausible if they only shipped GT500's by themselves, but the truth is, the GT500 is a Mustang and the plant is capable of producing 1 Mustang a minute, if that's the case, there should be no shortage of Mustangs ready for shipping. Remember the GT500 is the only model that is being delayed due to ongoing quality updates, all the other models are being shipped.

The way I took it from how he made it sound, but again, I could be reading into this incorrectly, but it sounded like they are not shipping them all together, but more so waiting until they have enough 500s ready to hit the public at once. Like they don't want them trickling into consumer's hands 1 by 1. Again, I could completely be reading into how he said it wrong lol.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The way I took it from how he made it sound, but again, I could be reading into this incorrectly, but it sounded like they are not shipping them all together, but more so waiting until they have enough 500s ready to hit the public at once. Like they don't want them trickling into consumer's hands 1 by 1. Again, I could completely be reading into how he said it wrong lol.
Sounds like what happened during the Gen2 Raptor roll-out. When people would check on their order status with FP they would say yeah it is on "ramp 59", and then rest of what was said about shipping. However, it turned out to be a QA issue with the trucks that needed to be fixed and delayed delivery.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Yet another new shot of fender vents in place during testing that I was allegedly wrong about...

z2-2-XL.jpg

:)

reason4treason

Established Member
in the late 1960's I was too young to drive but loved the cosmetic improvements of tail lights and exhaust tips on the Shelby for example. the Shelby added some relatively small touches that in the eyes of many, left massively positive impressions. recently, i think it is spectacular that Ford spent the time and money they did on handling improvement to the degree they did. it's also the case though that the Mustang had only been out a short time in 69/70. I was a fan of Merc too, including Cyclone especially.

with the passage of the years/decades, IMO Ford's new Mustang models' looks were a positive development when each came out. in retrospect, Mustang II is probably my least favorite but when it came out, i was okay with it's appearance and size. we were a Ford family and in the 60's even some other models were very appealing such as the Torino-styled Falcon with a 428/429 (can't recall which) for just under $3,000. I still like the 1970 Torino. At the time it came out, it did look different/new than it's predecessors.

the Mustang is definitely worthy of respect. even just lasting as long as it has is no minor feat. appearance is in the eye of the beholder and obviously there are a buttload of folks who will continue to buy new Mustangs. I just can't handle the RETRO exterior any more. even something whose alterations were mostly those that made the car look less like the body (quarter panels and hood) has been inflated/puffed-up with air for example would be an improvement. the 1966/'67 for example look thinner/leaner. i know that inclusion of safety features must be worked out. I'm cool with the Fox body size too. you still can't fit much of anyone/anything in the back seat space now anyway. i don't at all mean to insult the vehicle or the people who prefer it over Hellcats and ZL1's, but at some point boredom is actually painful and i passed that point at least 4 years ago with the Mustang.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
^ the s550 isn’t very retro.

Throw a different tail light on it, and remove all badges and emblems, and 5/10 people wouldn’t guess it’s a mustang.

You could put horizontal tail lights and some Infiniti badges on it and people would think it’s a special g37 or something.

The 05-09 mustangs were very retro. The hellcat is based on the challenger which is far more retro.

The Camaro has really stepped away from retro. The mustang has by about 75%, but the Camaro is off to becoming a Hyundai or something looks wise

Users who are viewing this thread