Anyone else have this happen?

slidai

Established Member
So I get in and drive to dinner. About 15 seconds of driving and all of a sudden, I'm slowing down. Pressing the gas does nothing. I feel like I'm out of gear but I'm not. I'm in second going about 19mph and turning no more than 2k rpm. I look at my dash and my traction slip light is on but I'm obviously not slipping. I slow all the way down to almost a dead stop before the light goes off and I can drive on. Hasn't happened before or sense. Wtf?

slidai

Established Member
Went into limp mode.

I have screwed around on wet roads and slid here and there before activating the traction control. But it self activated on its own for no reason. Completely stock car. No tune or anything. I'd take it in but they would just say "can't recreate the issue" so I figured I would see if anyone else had this.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
If it was limp mode, you should have some codes stored. At least, that's how it's worked with previous cars of mine. I don't know how Ford does it, and whether or not they'll end up being shadow codes or whatnot, but you should take it to the dealer if you had that happen. You don't want limp mode to come back and bite you at the wrong time if the underlying problem still exists. Are you still under warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread