Anyone else making 700+rwhp bored with their car?

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Sell it and get a different animal..

When I get bored of mine I'll be looking into a c6 z06 or maybe a 13-14 gt500
When it gets boring...either sell or make faster .
I don't think I could sell it. I have invested a lot of money into the car and would take a huge loss. No funds right now to make it faster or I would.
How well is your suspension set up, how well does the car hook? Is it spin city every time you go WOT? I have never ran 555r's but I hear they're not as good as Hoosiers or MT's. If the car cannot put the power down below say 60mph, that would be boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing special on the suspension. The tires on there now are done for and spin 1st thru 3rd. I have a new set of nt05r's in the garage that need mounted. At my power level It's gonna be hard to get any drag radial to hook on the street.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I don't think I could sell it. I have invested a lot of money into the car and would take a huge loss. No funds right now to make it faster or I would.

Nothing special on the suspension. The tires on there now are done for and spin 1st thru 3rd. I have a new set of nt05r's in the garage that need mounted. At my power level It's gonna be hard to get any drag radial to hook on the street.

Try a DA shock in the rear to help squat and plant itself and a sticky Mickey Thompson or Hoosier drag radial in a 305+ size tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
When I had my 01 I got used to the power pretty quick. I used to think it was slow. Especially after I put good tires on and it started hooking. Once I got my 04 with a couple hundred less horsepower I realized how fast my old car was. I really miss it at times.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely don't sell it. You'll kick yourself for that later on down the road.
Try not to drive it as much or get it on it as much, you'll appreciate it a lot more after that. (My car doesn't have the near HP and TQ yours does and I drive it once a week, if I'm lucky, and it feels fast to me every time I drive it.) Good luck OP!

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't say I'm bored with my HP level. I would think I'm in the 675+ range. I don't drive mine more than 1-2 times a week, max. I can generally hook all of 2nd gear, depending on road and outside temperature.

It's definitely not crazy fast like some of my friends cars. They do a lot of drag racing.

I like being able to just jump in the car and go.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I plant 813 and feel it's tame. I can corner exit wot and am unphased by it.

I'm not bored, just used to it. I have been with and without excess or even subsistence in life so I am grateful to have what I have and actively change the dialogue in my head from negative to positive.

when I take someone for a spirited drive, they're ecstatic and I'm thinking to myself about bills or deadlines and projects. I guess I'm saying it's just a part of life to get used to acceleration/ gforces a car can produce or rather to get used to the toys and excess we have at our disposal. When that happens take a step back and change the dialogue from it's not exciting to being grateful to have it and our freedom. In lots of other places in the world, a plate of food is a luxury... there's always going to be something faster, think how John force feels every time he steps out of a nitrofunny and into any of his street cars.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Let someone you trust that can handle the car take you for a ride. It's like adding 25% more power IMO, it will get that rush back. Also, be careful - if that much power feels tame, you might be losing sight of just how fast you are eating up the pavement in front of you and get into a bad situation.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
^+1, I let my brother cruise us around for half an hour the other day. The oh shit sensation was very real.

tsc1020

Established Member
I can understand you! I've had my terminator for 2 weeks with 630whp. I've had other fast cars as well, I've built a dsm that made decent power. But I'm already planning on saving for a 750-850whp build for the terminator.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
My Terminator is stock and we all know that gets pretty mundane. My 93 on the other hand has close to 500rwhp and is light. Still I most of the time feel disappointed with the performance. I think, for me anyway, I get an idea of what I think it should feel like and when my seat back doesn't break and the street lights don't look like the Millennium Falcan jumping to light speed then I feel cheated.
Some of us will always want more. Our alcohol tolerance has left us needing more for the same buzz.
@tt335ci03cobra made a good point: enjoy it for what it is, a 700hp panty dropping ass kicker, or at least keep telling yourself it is.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
There's something to be said about a 15 year old car with stock internals, making 700rwhp, that can be driven nearly anywhere with the ac blowing and the stereo blaring.

I've had my cobra for over 7 years, from stock to what it is today. I appreciate and respect this car every time I get behind the wheel.

GodStang

Established Member
Just finished my build and I am bored with it. It is not the power it is I enjoy doing a build few others have done, making my own custom parts, seeing how she does, then starting over. No interest in driving the car. Might be why only 1000 miles in the past 10 years on the car.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
This week I haven't driven my cobra until today heading to work. Didn't even get on it more than 1/3 throttle and was in love all over again. Didn't have the feeble weakness of my daily driver at low rpm, which is a 277whp/355wtq 2.0 ecotec.

Normally, I have to be above 2500rpms to go up a hill on my route to have any power. Today, in the cobra from just 2000rpm, it happily pulled right up to 3000rpm like it was a young eager puppy. No issue at all. In my tuned ecotec, it gets pissy and vibrates harshly. I have to use 2nd in the daily, I was in 2nd in the cobra. The ecotec has like a 2.4:1 2nd, the cobra has a 1.78:1 2nd so it wasn't torque multiplication related. 26.4" tire vs 25.5", etc. Just v8 vs i4. Hell I even have very aggressive cams and cavernous heads with 5ft of cold piping to the inlet (lag mill on paper) in the cobra, huge t4 turbos as well (internet racing says it's a super lag machine).

Op what does your car trap? 700whp is good for 130-135mph pretty easily. 140mph in a very solid/efficient car. Maybe you got tuned on a very happy dyno? Run it at the track and see what it traps. Other things could play into as well like the car may be pulling timing from heat sink. Intercooler pump could be going out, etc.

Rambro

Established Member
Lol I know the OP and it's definitely all in his head. The car put down 775 on the dyno with basically a stock motor minus the Pistons and teskid block. His problem is the nitto 555r's.

Users who are viewing this thread