Anyone else noticing a motor oil shortage?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I was in two different stores this morning and noticed a shortage of oil in both. Neither had very much in the way of diesel oil. Anyone one else seeing this? Any word on the bulk shipment buyer side (dealerships, shops)?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
yuuuup. We have a very large regional Mack dealership, cant remember if it was coolant, oil or transmission fluid but even they cant get the Mack branded stuff.

Things are bad and getting worse.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have noticed a shortage especially in the diesel engine categories. I have had good luck at Lowes and Home Depot finding it. Walmart and the auto parts stores seem to rarely have it on the shelves. Same thing can be said about DEF. I had to drive to 3 different stores to find a Motorcraft oil filter for my car.

Also, usually I can find some great oil deals online but I rarely see any sales anymore. I usually have a few oil changes worth of oil on the shelf but I have used it all up. Im hoping some good deals will pop up but with the shortage I dont see this happening.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Having trouble finding oil, break fluid, etc. here in Northern VA, too. I need to bleed my ABS pump and can't get fluid anywhere. Been looking around for since Monday. I'm thinking I may just order some. Getting tired of driving the the local stores.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The dealership where I work is having trouble getting Motorcraft diesel oil. We have been using Shell Rotella.

I had a hard time finding Motorcraft for my last couple of changes as well. Both for the cars and for the diesel. I ended up putting Mobil 1 in the Cobra and Rotella in the truck.

I usually order the filters as no one around here seems to carry what I need even when things are normal.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I order most of the oil and such through world pac. I haven’t noticed anything different other than price increases. I’ll pay more attention next order.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Just got a good deal on 3 5qt jugs of Castrol 5W30 High Mileage. 43 bucks for the three of them. I use it in the Sequoia 281k and the Mustang at 187k.

Jumped on it and a 5 box of Yota OE filters that were on sale too. Good to have spares these days/buy it when you can. Fluids are hard to get depending on brands/types

96dreamer

Established Member
Picked up two 2.5 gallon containers of 5w-40 t6 from farm and home about a week ago. They had 4, I should have grabbed all of them.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I was in two different stores this morning and noticed a shortage of oil in both. Neither had very much in the way of diesel oil. Anyone one else seeing this? Any word on the bulk shipment buyer side (dealerships, shops)?
Noticed the same thing when shopping for my daughter's Powerstroke... Been out at O'Reillys for a hot minute.

Users who are viewing this thread