Anyone ever broke thier collar bone?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I broke mine when I was younger mountain biking. I went off a jump and when I landed, the front wheel ended up in a ditch that was covered with grass. The front stuck and through me forward and landed in a bunch of rocks. One larger rock broke my left collar bone and ended up with some deep wounds and smaller rocks in my knee. The break didn't really hurt, but removing the rocks was awful. I do NOT recommend it.

I think it took a couple months to get back to normal.

Also, the worst pain I've ever felt was a couple weeks after the break when someone bumped my left arm up. :(

cam302

89 vert
Established Member
i broke mine whin i was like 5 i was on my big whell and a car car a stop sing and i hit the car

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Finally figured it out, like I said, its not as bad as some of your guys x-rays.
untitled.JPG

don't let anybody operate on that. the risks of the surgery far outweigh any benefit, which i don't even think there would be a possible benefit to operating on that. i could talk about this topic for far longer than anyone on this forum would be willing to read, or understand, by the way.

good luck with your recovery, this shouldn't set you back very much at all, other than no lifting/contact sports for a while---i'd let you go back to work right away.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
don't let anybody operate on that. the risks of the surgery far outweigh any benefit, which i don't even think there would be a possible benefit to operating on that. i could talk about this topic for far longer than anyone on this forum would be willing to read, or understand, by the way.

good luck with your recovery, this shouldn't set you back very much at all, other than no lifting/contact sports for a while---i'd let you go back to work right away.

Cool, thats what I wanted to hear. I see the Dr. here in about an hour. What is it you do, by the way?

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Well he first of all said to ditch the 8 point brace. He said it does more harm then good. It was cutting off circulation to both my arms at night causing them to go numb.
He said my break is the best break to have because it is atleast still touching making down time much less. He said it was up to me how long I wanted to take off work, a week or two. I said just one more would be fine.
He said I could start working out with light weight in a couple weeks then I figured I would wait for my follow up x-ray on the 21st of next month to start back hard core.

Users who are viewing this thread