• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Anyone ever file a complaint after being pulled over without suspected Probable Cause?

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by RedRocketMike, Sep 16, 2019.

1. jmsa540

jmsa540 Well-Known Member Established Member

As to what regards?
    Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2. MinGrey02Stg2

MinGrey02Stg2 Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm very pro law enforcement, but some of the backlash towards them is warranted. I worked at a law firm that represented the county sheriff's department and the stories I heard were ridiculous. I saw cases where deputies confiscated large sums of cash from people at the airport (~$10k) with zero PC to stop them (simply being alerted by TSA that they have a lot of cash) and zero drugs or charged with any crime. These people had to hire lawyers to get their property back for doing absolutely nothing wrong. Also in jury selection where the sheriff was a party to the lawsuit, it was evident that the common consensus was that law enforcement harassed the public.

On the other hand, being a cop is 99% of the time a thankless job and the previous administration along with the media did everything they could to turn the public against LE.

lilcoop03 and T.Man like this.
  3. KingBlack

KingBlack I'm more stupid than I post Established Member

Right on! The media made those deputies confiscate that money - it is all their fault!

4. Papaw

Papaw Well-Known Member Established Member

Post number 4 and someone is already playing the race card ! Sheesh !

5. _Snake_

_Snake_ Well-Known Member Established Member

You obviously thought I was serious (I wasn't)

I wasn't sure about that either lol

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.27.23 PM.png

03Sssnake likes this.
  6. Smooth

Smooth Well Seasoned Established Member

All the windows down? Perhaps it was cuz you were blastin' NWA?

03Sssnake likes this.
  7. 9397SVTs

9397SVTs Well-Known Member Established Member

I thought it meant smash my face, as in face palm. IDK.

8. _Snake_

I'm doing my best to be objective and see both sides, and I can understand why the police followed you if they were trying to read your license plate and you turned into a gas station. Especially if you're running classic tags that look different than what they see all the time.

They weren't trying to figure out if you could drive that car at night. You were there for 25 minutes because of your attitude.

Why did you say something about the card and try to hand him the correct one if you'd been told you were free to go?

Honestly man, its statements like this that will make you a target.*

*Edit -- made you a target.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  9. 9397SVTs

9397SVTs Well-Known Member Established Member

I did not say/imply that being out late is PC for a stop. That being said, it can cause an officer to notice you and look for PC.

Running your mouth and getting smart with an officer, while not illegal, is not going to help you in any way. Court is not held on the side of the road. It can often times change a warning into a ticket. It's also just poor taste.

10. o2gt

o2gt Active Member Established Member

11. KingBlack

KingBlack I'm more stupid than I post Established Member

poor taste on whose part?

OETKB likes this.
  12. Smooth

Smooth Well Seasoned Established Member

13. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

I've found that nothing good happens on the highway or outside the home after midnight

To answer your question...I deserved it everytime I got pulled over except for one time

The time in question...i was a bar tender at the time, left the bar with a fresh sixer at 2am just after I closed. Made it about a 1/4 mile and a trooper pulled me over. I stunk of bar and beer. He asked if I had been drinking and I said nope, I work back there....but he could smell beer and so could i.

He asked me to do sobriety test and I did fine and blew .000...he said "fair enough, dont hit any deer on way home" lol

14. RedRocketMike

RedRocketMike A Member Well Known Established Member

These are all different departments that I'm encountering. I only have a friend where I was pulled over for stop #2. I talk to him daily. But no one I'm encountering knows who I am, I am definitely not a target. These run-ins are likely just a series of wrong place, wrong time incidents. I wasn't directly rude to anyone. I wasn't overly polite but I was very compliant and accommodating. I didn't call the #1 stop cop a dickhead but I do think he was being one. They had more than enough time to read my tag, and if they would have driven behind me instead of next to me (highway) they would have been able to see it easily. That's how he explained, with me in the right lane and him in the left, he could not read my tag so he pulled me over. That doesn't even make sense when you think about it.

Stop #1, in my opinion, had no PC because the tag is clearly visible, lit, and being a classic tag the numbers are larger than a standard tag (IE easier to read) To quote my friend who drives the same cruiser and has been alongside my vehicle, "they're full of shit and just wanted to stop you"

Also, not driving while black. LOL

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  15. Outlaw99

Outlaw99 Join us. Moderator Premium Member

When I was a rookie, I, like all rookies do, i would pull anyone and everyone. Its just what cherry cops do. you worked hard for that badge to be a billy bad ass, your ready to get out there and do cop stuff. After about 5 years, that changed, and I worked at not having to pull anyone that I didnt absolutely have to, and it had to be something good or worth it. When it came time to call off shift, you put blinders on because you want to get home.

16. _Snake_

I lol’d at that last part, and thanks for the nod in my direction.

What vehicle were you driving at the time? Serious question and just trying to get the full picture.

FWIW, I can empathize. I got pulled over at least every third time I took my sportbike out because I “matched the description of___________.”

0 tickets issued in 3 years.

17. RedRocketMike

That maybe it. I'm running into new guys. And I'm the only guy on the road in an area with no activity.

18. OETKB

OETKB bad attitude Established Member

I was actually going to post the same thing. Driving late at night is...wait for it....driving late at night.

I’m 63 years old and can drink 90% of you under the table, and I know what goes on after midnight. And just in case I forgot, I have two freshly minted grown sons.

All that said, just because a cop doesn’t like that I, or they, am/are out late is no reason to scrutinize me/or them further.

850SNCobra, jeffh81 and KingBlack like this.
  19. RedRocketMike

I was driving a stock, champaign colored, GMC Yukon in stop 1.

20. 2013GT'ed

2013GT'ed Active Member Established Member

Make sure to get a front and rear dash cam with gps. Had 2 tickets in 2 years get dropped as I left PIR. Granted the idiots leaving the track were speeding and I was around them and still had my car marked but I was NOT speeding or doing anything illegal. Really took the winds out of the OSP officers sails when we watched the videos.

OETKB likes this.