Anyone feeling guilty handwashing their car during this drought?

Stanger00

Established Member
I lived in an apartment forever and just bought a house and I feel like an asshole when I wash 3 cars in my driveway. I wash them 1 time a month at the same time.

I should really buy a cover for my mustang to keep the dust off of it and then ill only have 2 to wash but still...

Maverick-4

Established Member
Once a month is more than reasonable, there is folks out there washing weekly, I do same as you, detail to maintain car semi clean and a full wash only when really needed

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Not at all. I have a cover on the Cobra, so that doesn't get washed and it's on jackstands anyways.. I wash the truck and race rolla about every 2 weeks

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Every Saturday morning, wash mine and the wife's. Truck, well, it gets rained on regularly.

Stanger00

Established Member
Tomorrow is usually my day off and I planned on washing the cars when I get home from work in the morning.

Don't feel so bad now. Getting that cover though.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
That's not bad at all. My cobra doesn't ever get washed and my vic gets washed when the dirt is unbearable. But just drive by one of these parks in rancho at night and the sprinkler system is on it waters the cement more than the grass every night!

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
I wash her every Sunday . And by the time it gets it's Sunday the cobra is mad dirty . I need a cover as well

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Funny thing, I was just looking into buying a car cover for that reason, a good one that is. Any recommendations?

My Cobra was last washed a month ago, its always in my garage but it gets VERY dusty in there. Hasn't seen rain in almost a year.
My BMW gets washed once/twice a week, one bad thing about having black cars, very dirty easily. Just received my notice to save water and use it 3 times a week.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Funny thing, I was just looking into buying a car cover for that reason, a good one that is. Any recommendations?

My Cobra was last washed a month ago, its always in my garage but it gets VERY dusty in there. Hasn't seen rain in almost a year.
My BMW gets washed once/twice a week, one bad thing about having black cars, very dirty easily. Just received my notice to save water and use it 3 times a week.

Who gave you that notice?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Who gave you that notice?
LADWP did.
It wasn't a warning or anything like that, just a reminder to save water. Gave me a list of days I can use the water for plants, etc. My dad received it as well and so did some co-workers.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I don't feel that bad washing my cars. I get annoyed when people rinse off their driveways because there are a couple leaves on it.

Users who are viewing this thread