Anyone gone to Tail of the Dragon in their L

Floridalawdog

Established Member
I have been searching for another fun car lately, and the sites I am watching always have vids of people driving Deals Gap, or Tail of the dragon, on the NC and Tenn border. Has anyone ever driven the L on this road. It looks fun.

svtsilverback

Established Member
lets pick a date bro. my suspension may be done by then and that road would be a great way to break it in.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I have done this run before. Let me say this. When you get done the ride, and you go to sleep at night. You'll think your still driving. I have done this run about 5 times now. Twice on my bike. Twice in my old 96 thunderbird. Once in my L. Lets just say its a bikers road. I can remember one time were my wife and I were on my 82 Honda 750. I was just cruising. Then I got the idea to lay more into the curves. All I heard from behind me was cursing. :cuss: :fart: She wasn't happy about that. But any way, go do it and if you have any suspension upgrades you'll find out how well they will work. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tazman1

Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
I have been searching for another fun car lately, and the sites I am watching always have vids of people driving Deals Gap, or Tail of the dragon, on the NC and Tenn border. Has anyone ever driven the L on this road. It looks fun.

Just to add to that. I live about 2 hours from there. My wife and I go to Gatlinburg TN about Once a month. Its a very fun place to visit. They have a bunch of car shows in Gatlinburg and in Pigeon Forge TN. The next car show for me there will be the Fall Grand Run. Aprroximatly about 5-10,000 cars and trucks, motor cycles and who know what you may see there. I usely stay the weekend of the event and look at the cars and trucks. The last show in the spring there. I saw 13-15 L's there. One guy was from michigan. I did see a few from KY, NC.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Tazman1 said:
Just to add to that. I live about 2 hours from there. My wife and I go to Gatlinburg TN about Once a month. Its a very fun place to visit. They have a bunch of car shows in Gatlinburg and in Pigeon Forge TN. The next car show for me there will be the Fall Grand Run. Aprroximatly about 5-10,000 cars and trucks, motor cycles and who know what you may see there. I usely stay the weekend of the event and look at the cars and trucks. The last show in the spring there. I saw 13-15 L's there. One guy was from michigan. I did see a few from KY, NC.

Do you kknow when the show takes place?

Tazman1

Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
Do you kknow when the show takes place?

I sure do. Sept 14-17. There is a show called shades of the past, the weekend before . Sept 7-10. I'll be there for the 14-17 show. Hope you can make it.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I used to live there. Almost died one Sat afternoon running the tail. :bash:

Since then I have taken the lighting once. I was SUPPRISED at how well it handled as well as the cherola (sp?) skyway. (Check out bald river falls while your there)

It's a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L drive as long as it's not too hazy out. In the fall and on a weekday would be best IMO.

Here are some pics from my trip:

8.JPG

1.JPG

a.JPG

Rich

Last edited:

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Beautiful pics. I am gonna keep it in mind, and when the weather gets cooler, trees start to turn colors, I will try to organize a trip. Maybe do a little rafting too.

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
Lawdog- Which car you lookin' at?

Also check out Dahlonega (GA 60) for some killer twisties :rockon:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
There are actual roads outside of California? :poke: Im just kidding. But no really we have the best roads lol. :banana:

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
hey guys, count me in! Im doin brakes and suspension this summer, just put the L in my garage last week. I hope to have it and the interior done by the end of july, then Ill focus on the engine, gotta clean the i.c. Bet Ill have the best(worst) pics of one EVER!

Users who are viewing this thread