Anyone have a new Durango?

Equalbracket

Established Member
My 14 ram was a total loss and finally ready for something new, had new ram trucks, kind of want to try something different.

There's only one f150 combo I want, 5.0 white fx4 with appearance package, can't find one tho, so just gonna stick with dodge, too many gm recalls.

Looking at either a limited or citadel Durango, difference being the hemi.

I don't have a need for an SUV, and I'll be pulling a boat and trailer here and there but I love the way they drive, opinions? Anyone own one?

xenodragon

Established Member
My 14 ram was a total loss and finally ready for something new, had new ram trucks, kind of want to try something different.

There's only one f150 combo I want, 5.0 white fx4 with appearance package, can't find one tho, so just gonna stick with dodge, too many gm recalls.

Looking at either a limited or citadel Durango, difference being the hemi.

I don't have a need for an SUV, and I'll be pulling a boat and trailer here and there but I love the way they drive, opinions? Anyone own one?

What about a Ford Explorer Sport?

Equalbracket

Established Member
What about a Ford Explorer Sport?

I just can't get into the explorers, plus terrible fuel economy although not a killer, just don't like the looks.

It's pretty much either another ram f250 or grand chereeokee/Durango

The srt jeep IMO is beautiful but 70k no thx

I'll only be buying white, and I'll powder coat the factory wheels or buy some more rockstars lol.

I've always had trucks and mustangs, but I can't do a car as my DD, SUV is a happy middle.

I did look at the 15 tahoes, love them but the recalls are insane..

ViciousJay

Established Member
My cousin has one and loves it, decent mileage and it fits 7 even though she has 1. What model are you interested in?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I just can't get into the explorers, plus terrible fuel economy although not a killer, just don't like the looks.

It's pretty much either another ram f250 or grand chereeokee/Durango

The srt jeep IMO is beautiful but 70k no thx

I'll only be buying white, and I'll powder coat the factory wheels or buy some more rockstars lol.

I've always had trucks and mustangs, but I can't do a car as my DD, SUV is a happy middle.

I did look at the 15 tahoes, love them but the recalls are insane..

I doubt a new Durango will get any better MPG, if at all compared to the Explorer Sport?

Anywho, the new Durangos are very nice and I don't think you could go wrong.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Citadel or limited bare minimum, have to have nav etc. I haven't seen any rts I'll check them out. Wanted to stay around 40k. R/t is closer to 50 but it is much sharper looking I agree.

I'm not a fan of leather, or heated cooled seats etc never used it in my trucks.

Guess it really depends on what I can find in white.

Locally there is a demo model limited, but the dealership owner had it and took it to over 8k miles, and right now Chrysler has almost no incentives/rebates, and they still want 37k with 8k miles.

I showed up 2 hours after the owner dropped off the white demo for the only other Durango they had

I'm either really wishy washy or I'll just see something that catches my eye and just buy it.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
My friend has one. Nice truck, loves it. However it has had weird starting issues where the truck seems to have issues with the push button.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
That maroon looking cor they come out in looks pretty good. Friend has a fully loaded v6 and its a great suv.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
My dad traded his 11 king ranch f150 for his black 14 R/T
He loves it, don't go anything else besides rt you will be disappointed. That's the story over on the Durango forum.

Equalbracket

Established Member
I vote cummins powered ram.

I don't need a 3/4 ton, but my fuel is paid for by my job, but I hate to waste others money.

Kind or bitter on the Cummings, my grandfather and best friend left me his 13" 2500 Laramie, but it wasn't worth the drama of greedy family members.

I just hate to get another 14" ram, I had my other one perfect, my fav wheels and tires, bull bar I always wanted, lvled, sound system etc, then lose it all in an instance..but hey got $250 for the $2500 in wheels tires!

I'll look at the r/t thx

I do have a paid for beater truck, and talked to my friend today and he has 3 hellcats sold and they're not marking them up like I assumed.

I'm done with chunky down payments as well, never again unless it's a trade in.

Kenneth

Established Member
My brother has a Durango (V6) and I have a Explorer Limited (V6)
We went on a 600 mile trip following each other a couple months ago.
He ended up getting 28 mpg, I ended up getting 25 mpg.

On another note, the Explorer interior is TONS better quality than the Durango's.

He likes his truck though, as far as I know he never had any issues with it.

Last edited:

AAG

Established Member
They are great SUVs but I think you'll end up doing what a friend of mine did. Trading it in after a year for another Ram. He liked the way it rode but missed having a truck.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Not sure how urgent it is to get a new truck, but if your interested in the F-150 you could wait for the '15's to come out later this year and order one you want.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Do they make these with Brembo brakes and a better suspension? I saw on that looked slightly lower than the regular ones and it hade some big brakes on it. I'll try to get some pics if I go back by the place where it was parked.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Sounds like one of these might interest you.

20140421_192152_zpsxuelluxe.jpg

2014 GC Altitude edition. They are based on the Laredo, but has most of the stuff off the limited, just priced quite a bit cheaper than a loaded limited. The only drawback is it doesn't have the available hemi.

With that said however, the pentastar V6 is plenty of capable, especially with the 8 speed transmission and the Altitude's 3.90 final drive ratio. It'll definitely pull your boat without issue.

The wife and I average about 22 mpg in mixed city/highway driving with ours.

The durango and GC are fairly similar, with the Durango being larger. You'll likely see a bit less mpg out of it compared to the GC, given it's size.

Users who are viewing this thread