Anyone have an SCT Bama tuner?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Bama tune made a noticable difference on my Cobra that has a CAI, Headers, prochamber. Drives pretty much like stock with a little more aggressive throttle tip in

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
DONT ! get a custom tune or go with someone else do not buy BAMA. do a search on mach1regestry and you find out why.
Pinging/detonation like hell! 5retunes or whatever you call it, i said **** it.
now iam cammed and custom tuned and have ZERO pinging or drive ability issues.
dont waste your money on a bama tune. they may can tune a coyote but they sure dont know how to tune a N/A 4v mach 1.

This is the reason why I went with a custom dyno tune (besides putting a mt in the car) the tuner I went to had issues at first with the car pinging and leaning out but was able to correct them. You roll the dice with mail in tunes. It may cost a little more off the bat, but if you find a good tuner/builder that stands behind his work you will be in good hands.

Shook1db

Established Member
I had LT headers, o/r x-pipe, cat back, CAI and a bama tune and tbh I didn't notice a difference from when I had the tune on it and when I didn't. The car was sitting around 315 whp with the most aggressive tune bama offers, so it wasn't bad. I have a manual though, it will do a lot for you having an auto. Bama is ok but if you just buy the mods you want and get a dyno tune it will be night and day better then what bama will email you. . . Every car reacts differently to mods and Bama tunes are created for a mass amount of cars, not your specific car.

You could probably just get everything done you wanted and pay 300-400 dollars for a dyno tune and be done with it. I was fine with Bama because I just put a blower on mine and knew i'd have to get a dyno tune then anyways.

MACHSTAR

Established Member
I have a 2003 mach 1 with c&l intake twin 65mm throttle body bassani cat delete and flowmaster 40's and upr short throw. with a bama race tune and I love the tune no issues picked up a lot before the other mods with just a race tune on the car while it was stock and I also like the tunes for life package. I haven't found anyone else that offers free tunes for the life of the car. well woth the money in my opinion

Skylar

Established Member
I put my Bama race tune on tonight and just drove it down the road and back. I revved it while in Park and it took the RPMs longer to fall than it used to. Is that normal, or should I message Bama about it? Will hanging revs hurt anything?

Skylar

Established Member
On my way to school today I noticed that my exhaust is quieter, especially at idle. Normally I can hear my exhaust at idle with both windows up. Now I can barely hear it with them even with the windows down. This is really bothering me. Is it something Bama can fix?

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
Told you so, we have case number 1xxxxxxx of issues after a tune done by Bama. If your un happy hell ya id call them up, you just paid them to tune your car, now your asking people on here and second guessing their work. I wouldnt let someone im not 100% confident in touch my car.

4v_mach1

Established Member
My rpms are a bit high hanging for a moment then it falls. The bama street tune was decent, but the performance and race tune ran like garbage. My exhaust tone did quiet down as well..

mr-proper

Established Member
I put my Bama race tune on tonight and just drove it down the road and back. I revved it while in Park and it took the RPMs longer to fall than it used to. Is that normal, or should I message Bama about it? Will hanging revs hurt anything?

we warned you. :poke:

Skylar

Established Member
I'm happy with the tune, and the hanging revs don't bother me, I was just asking if it was normal. The only downside is quieter exhaust, but it may just be the placebo effect.

TRMach1

Established Member
Well I put a bama tune about a year ago when i purchased my car, now one cylinder #6 is at 100lbs after doing a compression test and all the others are at 200+. IDK if the tune was the culprit for detonation or what but just to be on the safe side If i could do it again I would not put a mail order tune on my car again without knowing my A/F with the tune. Like i said I DONT KNOW if the tune had anything to do with my car going downhill so no I AM NOT BLAMING BAMA but I would do things differently seeing that my car was fine last year when i bought it with 33k miles, i did a leak down test and the guy who looked at it said that one of the rings has to be cracked because it is leaking pretty bad which detonation is to blame. But my car did run great with the tune and I never heard anything out of the ordinary with my car but I will just be more cautious in the future, getting this fixed will not be cheap. :(

Last edited:

TRMach1

Established Member
I'm happy with the tune, and the hanging revs don't bother me, I was just asking if it was normal. The only downside is quieter exhaust, but it may just be the placebo effect.

Mine also did this, but i never really paid to much attention to it.

4v_mach1

Established Member

Is it running well or any detonation? What octane tune did you purchase?

Skylar

Established Member
Is it running well or any detonation? What octane tune did you purchase?

I haven't had any pinging at all. The car runs really smooth. The only tune I've tried so far is the Race tune. I know it's supposed to really kick in at around 3k RPMs, but below 3k I don't feel much of a difference between stock besides firmer shifts - but once you put your foot down, you can really feel the car take off. I'm going to try the Performance tune tomorrow and see how I like it. I ordered 93 octane for all three of my tunes because that's all I ever run anyway.

MACHSTAR

Established Member
I have c&l intake bbk off road xpipe mac prochamber exhaust and a bama race tune and i love the tunes for life package

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
you wont be happy with it when it blows up. get a real dyno tune on it before its too late

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
I put my race tune on and my low/high fans are on ALL the time now. What the hell? I called and they said the reason for it is to keep the car at normal temp while driving it hard. I put it to the street tune and it still does it. I don't want my fans running all the time. Already blew a fan motor on my '96 years ago and I wont go through that again. :kaboom:

What's the deal? Might just go back to the stock tune and use the handheld for a dyno tune.

Users who are viewing this thread