Anyone have experience with AM's 20x10 GT500 wheels?

nrmustang

Established Member
Resurrected. I bought two AM 20x10’s. They weigh 29 lbs. Yes, they are made in China. No, they are not junk. No, the finish does not match. The design of the wheel itself is identical to OEM.

I shipped them to Helios yesterday for the OEM refinish. My car is a 1k-2k mile per year garage queen. For what I use it for, these wheels are perfect. Will post pics when mounted.

nrmustang

Established Member
So haven't had a chance to post the pic since I got these back from Helios, but lets see if you can tell the difference between the AM wheel and the stock wheel (and yes, I noticed a slight difference after all)

IMG_8260.jpg

fearthesnake

Established Member
So haven't had a chance to post the pic since I got these back from Helios, but lets see if you can tell the difference between the AM wheel and the stock wheel (and yes, I noticed a slight difference after all)

View attachment 1713726
Good deal. Rims look good and glad it worked out for you.

I'm just paranoid anything from China from an automotive perspective. I know 1st hand any automotive ball bearing from China are junk, lol.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Can someone post pics of the inner wheel barrel on the widened wheels? I've always seen pics of the outer part of the barrel, but what's it look like behind the spokes, where it's actually visible? Do they finish it off, or is it just the raw welds?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Can someone post pics of the inner wheel barrel on the widened wheels? I've always seen pics of the outer part of the barrel, but what's it look like behind the spokes, where it's actually visible? Do they finish it off, or is it just the raw welds?

This is an Eric Vaughn widened wheel that has been powdercoated. Vaughn welded a new aluminum barrel to your existing wheel, so there was only one weld. Vaughn retired a couple years ago. Weldcraft adds a section in between their cut. I think they will grind it flat for an extra charge. I don't have pics of that. If I were to have Weldcraft widen a set a wheels, I would pay the upcharge.

9 5 vs 11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread