Anyone here own a Tesla?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ok, i’ll bite.

What other options would you consider overall “better” for my 35k budget? (It would be a used vehicle)

A quick search yielded many examples that had fully transferrable ‘free charges for life’, home charging station as well as lower mileage and still under warranty.

The gas savings and speed alone has my full attention. The self driving tech (hell, ALL OF THE TECH) is nuts.

Not sure where you got the 35k used. Ive neen seeing them in th 40's used. Also there are a lot of options out there. The Lincoln continental used. Great looking car with lots of features along with good power and more than a 200 mile range.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I see Teslas all the time in my town and the surrounding towns. Actually, there was one outside church this morning.
I just can't past the looks and the "no sound" car. I'm sure the driving experience is great, but it's not for me.

FJohnny

Established Member
My brother is kind of a different dude so he bought a Tesla. He brought it over to my place and parked in the driveway blocking in my wife's car. She wanted to go out so he backed his car into the street from our living room using his key fob controller. No one in the car.

Then he took his car to visit some of his customers. Everything here depends on oil sands in some way so he got a very bad reaction from them. He had to give the Tesla to his girlfriend and get a convertible Jag instead.

So, Tesla is great if you like cool parlor tricks but you should realize going in that your girlfriend will end up driving it.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I thought the interiors were a low quality mess. There are good deals on used ones that I've contemplated hopping on

VenomVeins

Established Member
Plus, Musk is a social moron.
And? Zero ****s given.

Ford, GM, FCA and every other manufacturer have absolute ****head pricks running them. Elon being another one in a long line of them doesn't rate to me.

If I based my buying criteria on that metric, i'd own zero rides.

Not sure where you got the 35k used.

A quick autotrader search here in socal reveals a ton of them at 35K and under, with the lowest examples being in the mid 20K range. Very high mileage on those though (over 150K+ miles)

The Lincoln continental used. Great looking car with lots of features along with good power and more than a 200 mile range.

Looks are subjective. While the MS is on the boring side externally, it is light years ahead of the lincoln.

The week I had in it was highly enjoyable, and if you haven't driven one i'd highly recommend it. Like it did with me, it just might change your mind. I could certainly see it as my daily beater for years to come.

IA Shelby

Established Member
It sounds like you really like the Tesla. Make a decision and buy the thing.

Then you can fit in at the Montage.

VenomVeins

Established Member
I thought the interiors were a low quality mess. There are good deals on used ones that I've contemplated hopping on
The one i drove was a 2018, so im sure the interior has improved since thier launch. Seat was comfy as hell and fit me very well, and being 6’3” and 225lbs means i dont say that often.

I really tried to hate on this ride, and rolled jokes off on my friend when he bought it, but driving it changed my mind. We’ll see if one ends up in my garage eventually.

VenomVeins

Established Member
I head 60% of them need a new drivetrain before 60k miles. That’s awful reliability.
This very well could be true. If so, theres no way in hell i consider one. Doing my due dilligence and homework before making ANY purchase is key, and i have done it meticulously for every car/truck/motorcycle i have thought about purchasing over the years.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Snag it up.

Nuff talkin :)
Was waiting for my original question of ‘Does anyone own one’ to be answered so that i could lob a few questions their way.

I consider most of the posters in this epic forum to be MUCH more knowledgeable and truthful in regards to ownership experience than any other out there.

Dipshit Fanboy opinions dont interest me, which is why i started the topic here.

So, does anyone here own one? If so, lay out what sucks about this ride. Thanks in advance.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Was waiting for my original question of ‘Does anyone own one’ to be answered so that i could lob a few questions their way.

I consider most of the posters in this epic forum to be MUCH more knowledgeable and truthful in regards to ownership experience than any other out there.

Dipshit Fanboy opinions dont interest me, which is why i started the topic here.

So, does anyone here own one? If so, lay out what sucks about this ride. Thanks in advance.

The guy that parks next to me has a 100. He loves it and raves about it. So much he went and found an original Tesla roadster. I have never seen it. For what it is worth he is our Chief Technology Officer so I am not surprised he likes it. I will say it shows up every day so its not breaking down all the time. That cannot be said for the guy that parks on the other side of him who has gone through 2 BMW M cars and Two Alfa’s in the last 18 months. I have seen at least 3 different Alfa loaners for him already and he has had it maybe 5 months.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

I don't own one but my friend who owns a body shop and is an authorized Tesla repair shop deals with them all the time. He said they are very poorly built cars and the electronics and fit and finish is quite bad. I sure wouldn't buy one out of warranty

Blown 89

Established Member
The one i drove was a 2018, so im sure the interior has improved since thier launch. Seat was comfy as hell and fit me very well, and being 6’3” and 225lbs means i dont say that often.

I really tried to hate on this ride, and rolled jokes off on my friend when he bought it, but driving it changed my mind. We’ll see if one ends up in my garage eventually.
There's a dealership inside the mall but that's the extent of my experience with them. A guy I race with just bought one used for $20k. I love my V but GM's engineering and parts availability leaves a lot to be desired and I'd like to shave a few zeroes off of what should be cheap routine maintenance.

VenomVeins

Established Member
I don't own one but my friend who owns a body shop and is an authorized Tesla repair shop deals with them all the time. He said they are very poorly built cars and the electronics and fit and finish is quite bad. I sure wouldn't buy one out of warranty
What are the issues he predominantly deals with?

Totally agree on the warranty aspect.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
lol.

Musk has more money than everyone on this forum combined, and he's a moron? Sure. That doesn't happen by accident.

All things considered, Tesla is a refreshing break from what is arguably a train wreck in Detroit. Ford can't keep a CEO or decide what they want to be, GM keeps killing people, and FCA is own by Italians with relatively no idea what they are doing outside of the SRT and Jeep division. Tesla is the only American manufacturer that's actually trying to do something outside of the box. Everyone else has only recently taken notice, and you see electrification in a lot of models that wasn't there pre-tesla. It speaks volume to the weight the company has on competing manufacturers.

I've seen a metric ton of Model 3's lately, and we don't even have a store here. They're becoming more and more popular, and I've even considered making the leap. My commute is about 12 miles one way. 12 back. That's 24. Take a single charge on a Model 3 and make it a cool 250. That's 10 days of back and forth to work (excluding weekends). Add in the fact everything is in a 20 mile radius of me, and that I have never driven 300 miles in one day locally, I could pretty much charge it once a week and be good to go.

Say what you want about old school (I have a 64.5' Coupe w/ a SBF), the future is definitely electric and Tesla made the wheels start to turn everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread