Anyone in to RC Cars, Trucks and Planes?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
^ thank you sir. good insight.

I've had Losi, Traxxas and Arrrma.

There's a lot of good brands out there these days. I went with Traxxas mainly due to I liked how some of their cars looked and there's dealers in Jupiter, Port St. Lucie and Lake Park that have parts/good CS. And I've had some good luck with their vehicles/batteries in terms of durability and longevity . It's quite hard to break the 10 scale trucks. Unless you are going flat out at the skate park or hit a curb at max speed, they have weak spots intentionally so something like the axle snaps off which is fairly easy to replace.

Arrma has the Senton and Traxxas has the Slash for the offroad looking baja trucks in the 1/10 scale range(pic never loaded for me). Both offer brushed and brushless. Brushless has a higher price tag but is way faster, more instant acceleration and should last way longer. The brushed kits usually come with a battery and charger included in the price for Traxxas, so it is quite cheaper initial cost. Just get 4x4 for which ever brand you buy if you want to use it in grass. More moving parts but 2x4 will struggle in grass. Some of the bigger brands have tons of upgrades/different body styles that are widely available.

I know with the traxxas VXL motors you can put it in training mode(50% power) and the 2s with stock gearing probably taps out at 30mph.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I have an Arrma Nero 6s. Crazy how fast the battery stuff is. Arrma Nero.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I'm running out of budget for additional hobbies but recently saw a model A-10 in person. Coolest shit. Old Grumman run way people do what ever on. Guy and his dog and that, envy.

Edit: actually not as expensive as I thought. But granted I'm on here so it's getting modded.

junkyard08

Established Member
I have been eye balling on of those far a bit meow.

I stick mostly to rc cars...

Right now, top of the want list is a snow blower kit for the TRX4

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
My boss at work gave me a Duratrax buggy and a Tower Hobbies Monstertruck. Both at least 20 years old and have not been touched in 10+ years after being put away dirty. Brought both of them back to life. When I was done I got to keep them. I upgraded the radios to 2.5g, New servos, disassembled and cleaned each individual part. It was fun.

b0c547b67958a7593973ca024ff36098.jpg

6352005d863dd3e7f2ab4deed3a512cd.jpg

Last edited:

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
I really used to be involved in this in the mid 2000s. I actually bought a couple of mini 124 scale crawlers for my kids. Let's just say I can't have too many hobbies going on or I'll be homeless

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Traxxas is just easier.

I'm selling my UDR, it just collects dust haha

I agree on the easier. And knock on wood haven't had too many issues with them so far in terms of durability/maintenance. My oldest put his rustler through hell and it just broke axles/a-arms.

Curious on how much you sell the UDR for. Seen used prices all over the map

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree on the easier. And knock on wood haven't had too many issues with them so far in terms of durability/maintenance. My oldest put his rustler through hell and it just broke axles/a-arms.

Curious on how much you sell the UDR for. Seen used prices all over the map

I have about $200 in spare parts and tires, I was hoping to get $600 out of it.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
My slash ultimate I put bigger tires on. Also have a 2wd slash, and a mini revo. They are fun, and will take a beating. But mostly just collecting dust now too. Pretty sure I will need batteries for them. I didn’t put them in storage mode last time I used them last summer.
61005157016__616BFF01-0386-414D-BF1A-DE659448431E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread