Anyone install a 03/04 cobra tank in their SN95?

adammdennis11

Established Member
I was talked into doing this and have had nothing but problems. I'm not sure if Ramseys in Tampa installed it wrong or what. I keep losing fuel pressure, it's intermittent. Maybe the fuel pumps? I had the aeromotive fuel system on there before and had no issues...maybe the pumps are over heating and shutting down or they are bad...idk.. but anyways I purchased 2 new pumps and the aeromotive fuel pump control module.

Need to get the car running right so I can take it to the body shop. Damn performance shop smashed it up while they were "fixing" the fuel issues that they created by installing the 03/04 cobra tank and pumps.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The 03/04 tank is a totally different design than the earlier models. Why did they have you switch?

Usually if there's pressure loss it's the hoses in the tank. Do you know what pumps they used? And if they did the PPRV delete?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, about 16 years ago and no problems. Still works fine.

adammdennis11

Established Member
The 03/04 tank is a totally different design than the earlier models. Why did they have you switch?

Usually if there's pressure loss it's the hoses in the tank. Do you know what pumps they used? And if they did the PPRV delete?
The car sat in my garage for 10 plus years, everything was gunked up, had the aeromotive a1000 fuel system on it. It was recomended that i replace the tank and lines and switch to the 03/04 cobra tank that is modified for my 97. I purchased the 03/04 cobra tank and everything associated with the swap from Glenn's Performance, minus the pumps..the shop in tampa installed everything, not sure what pumps were installed.

shurur

Established Member
The car sat in my garage for 10 plus years, everything was gunked up, had the aeromotive a1000 fuel system on it. It was recomended that i replace the tank and lines and switch to the 03/04 cobra tank that is modified for my 97. I purchased the 03/04 cobra tank and everything associated with the swap from Glenn's Performance, minus the pumps..the shop in tampa installed everything, not sure what pumps were installed.
Little confused now..bear with me...it may just be my reading comprehension....

When was this new tank work done?... Recently or 10 years ago?

Who recommended this work to you?

And was it done by Ramseys?

And why are they not helping you?

adammdennis11

Established Member
Little confused now..bear with me...it may just be my reading comprehension....

When was this new tank work done?... Recently or 10 years ago?

Who recommended this work to you?

And was it done by Ramseys?

And why are they not helping you?
The new tank was installed recently. Ramsey recommended I switch it out.

The car was there for over a year to have a cooler installed, clutch, bov, and tank installed. Got the car back and had issues. Went back a second time, sat there for 3 months, got smashed up while sitting there, got the car back with the same issues...its not going back.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
To answer your question, yes there are tons of sn95's with a 03/04 style tank installed and running fine. My first guess for your issue is the hoses are loose at the pump and your losing pressure. Unfortunately that requires dropping the tank to inspect.

adammdennis11

Established Member
To answer your question, yes there are tons of sn95's with a 03/04 style tank installed and running fine. My first guess for your issue is the hoses are loose at the pump and your losing pressure. Unfortunately that requires dropping the tank to inspect.
Hen it was brought back to the shop, they said that one of the hoses going down to one of the pumps was split, so they replaced both hoses..still have issues. I think its electrical or bad pumps, I got some new pumps coming in this week and going to install the Aeromotive Fuel pump speed controller. hopefully that fixes my issues. I will also inspect the tank and make sure there is nothing else going on..

shurur

Established Member
Hen it was brought back to the shop, they said that one of the hoses going down to one of the pumps was split, so they replaced both hoses..still have issues. I think its electrical or bad pumps, I got some new pumps coming in this week and going to install the Aeromotive Fuel pump speed controller. hopefully that fixes my issues. I will also inspect the tank and make sure there is nothing else going on..
Sometimes you have to everything yourself.

Sad.

adammdennis11

Established Member
Switched out the pumps, made sure everything was ground correctly, adjusted the fuel pressure...was way too low, and the car runs strong.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
Glad you got it figured out. Definitely sounded like a pump issue as my car did the same thing when the pump was taking a dump. What year is your car? Just a heads up that 98's have a variable voltage system where the ecu only commands partial voltage until the car reaches mid 3k rpm. It can be turned off via a tune or by jumping

adammdennis11

Established Member
Glad you got it figured out. Definitely sounded like a pump issue as my car did the same thing when the pump was taking a dump. What year is your car? Just a heads up that 98's have a variable voltage system where the ecu only commands partial voltage until the car reaches mid 3k rpm. It can be turned off via a tune or by jumping
I have a 97

Users who are viewing this thread