Anyone interested in a dyno day in olympia?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I wasn't happy with it. Not happy spending any sort of money and not getting something to show for it. Pulled 465 w/o but as soon as my nitrous kicked on ( and boy did it really kick in! 150shot w/100 octane :bowdown: ) something in the dyno electronics went crazy and wouldnt measure my numbers. :mj:
I've never been on that type of dyno before so I was curious but now that I have that sort of dyno, imo, is not needed on a group dyno day unless you need tuning done. A dynojet would have been just fine with me. I was only looking for hp/tq numbers and I didnt even get that. Its a great tool for loading a car to get the tune perfect but if you're happy with your tune then its overkill.
In the end I'm glad to have gone and glad it was setup :thumbsup: :beer: just not happy that I came out of it with no numbers. :nonono:
btw - On my last run the bottle was off. Remember that small leak I had? We turned it off so we wouldn't waste the spray till I tightened it dowm. That run had only a little of spray that was residual from the pressurized line. I didn't realize this until we left and I popped the trunk to turn off the bottle for the trip home. It was already off! :nonono:
I'm going to Carb Connection next time. Dynojet is fine with me.
Thanks to all that set it up! :thumbsup: :beer: It was allot of fun being there and meeting all of you! Look forward to more like that! Thanks guys!!!! :beer: :coolman: :rockon: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Thanks for hosting the event. Elise and I had a good time and the weather was perfect. It was also great to finally match some faces to the names I had not yet met.

Results: 460 rwhp

I am not concerned about the numbers as I was just looking to get some complete 4th gear logs.

Thanks,
Dave

Joe5.0

Established Member
torquemonster said:
pretty good but all these supercharged cobras make me feel weak :rollseyes ...i made 295.2 hp at the wheels @ i think 6500rpm, i didnt want to take it to redline...not bad i guess... time for weight reduction and good power mods will come later next month. :-D

joey u not feelin well or somethin? i tried callin u a million times this morning, didnt want to accidently leave u behind.

Yea dude Ruff Night. Sorry for not callin yah back, i feel like a dick.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I've been looking over my dyno sheet and it did show 600 on my 3rd pull but you can see that my bottle was turned off and power dropped to normal again.
24june06dynoruns3om.jpg

Last edited:

whippleblown03

Established Member
you should of seen it! your car looked like it wanted to jump off the rollers when you hit the NOS. nice meeting all you guys .

12 or 13 cars i counted 6 were 03-04 cobras.

my car was pig rich and now i know why my mph is down on the top. will be playing with that soon. 512hp it should be a little higher with the AF leaned out.

one of my stock idlers exploded on the way home and spit my brand new belt so i need to call billet flow tommorrow. now i know why the belt was chirping on the dyno!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Looked like all of us were running rich. I've got a flatline at 10 like you. Keep in mind it was a sniffer so it reads lower than actual.
Heard about your pulley. Alls well?

Great meet once again. Cant wait till next time!

Joe5.0

Established Member
The Numbers are gonna be very low on a Dyno Dynamics dyno

Everyone needs to do a DynoJet or Mustang Dyno

Users who are viewing this thread