Anyone Into Lasers?

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Haven't seen a thread about this that I can remember.

I just picked up a 30mW 532nm "green" pen pointer this week, it's remarkably bright and fun to mess with. I already want to get a more powerful version, even though I know there are no practical uses for it.

Anyone have experience with lasers above, say, 100mw? Higher?

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
Check Wicked Lasers. There was a thread a while back about the Arctic series. I bought one, and it burns shit. Def not a toy.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Check Wicked Lasers. There was a thread a while back about the Arctic series. I bought one, and it burns shit. Def not a toy.

Oh, I'm well aware of Wicked Lasers. I think that their lasers are mostly underspec, but you are right that they are not toys. I would love to buy the Arctic Spyder III just because I think it's a bargain at $300.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
i have a 50 mw green wicked laser (4ish year old) and it will burn through trash bags and pop balloons. at night it looks like a light saber that goes for miles. it will spotlight low clouds ect ect...

sidewinderl

Established Member
Work with one everyday...not particularly exciting...

Considered shooting it at a B2 flying overhead once (not a very good stealth bomber if I could see it), but figured it might fire back. The 26X zoom is good for staring at moon craters and for..uh...bird watching...yeah, that's it. Bird watching.

niceworkingsokkiaset630.jpg

Planter

Banned
Haven't seen a thread about this that I can remember.

I just picked up a 30mW 532nm "green" pen pointer this week, it's remarkably bright and fun to mess with. I already want to get a more powerful version, even though I know there are no practical uses for it.

Anyone have experience with lasers above, say, 100mw? Higher?

go adopt a 3 month old kitten, and that little bastard will entertain you for hours chasing that laser around.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I use lasers at work to guide Hellfire missiles, but I don't have any for personal use.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Hey OP, call Dr. Evil...I heard he's into lasers.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
"Frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads." :rockon:

I use them quite frequently, during my power point presentations or when some else is briefing and they don't have a pointer on them. You almost have to have one to earn your "PowerPoint Ranger Tab"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread