Anyone know of a good place to sell a 1980s Olds?

aaandht

Established Member
Friend of mine is selling his dad's 1982 Olds Regency 98, the car is mint without a scratch on it and less than 10k on the Odo. Where would the best place be to list this? Classic auto trader? Fleabay? :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would say either. Unfortunately this isn't a car that most collectors would be interested in, which is a shame since it has less than 10,000 miles on the odometer and the car is mint. Hopefully your friend will get a decent price. I saw two on the Internet for sale. One in Canada for $500. with higher mileage, and the other asking $3,200. for a lower mileage one.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
It'll probably never be worth a lot of money, but would be an interesting car for the cruise night circuit. I'm starting to see 70s and 80s sedans and station wagons showing up around here, and they do attract attention. If you have the space, keep it and bring it to some cruises -- who knows... maybe someone will offer you decent money for it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jim, that's not a bad idea. Not a lot of exposure, but you never know. I actually sold my 1994 Callaway Camaro back in 2001 after making a comment to someone at a local cruise that I might be selling it. Literally within an hour I had two out-of-state calls from guys interested. One of them bought it, for my firm price! So it's definitely worth trying. Especially since it's in such good condition. Another option might be an auto auction, even though this car isn't a popular year/model per se. There are definitely people who might be interested because of its low mileage and mint condition, and the fact that it isn't restored. It's all original! That's a big plus.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Da Ghetto.

But seriously, I learnt to drive on my Dads 75 Olds 98 Regency Coupe which had a 455 in it.
If I could find one of those land yachts today in mint condition I'd probably buy it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread