Anyone know of a large item shipping/logistics company?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Trying to get a shipping quote to move a wood burning stove from my cousin’s house from NorCal either down to LA or over to Arizona for some family.

It’s not packaged or palleted. I’m assuming it’s going to be pricey, but haven’t gotten a quote back from any random company other than PODS. Blueline by Fastenall needs a crate I believe.

Anyone experience getting large items shipped?

Thanks!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Greyhound or Fastenal were cheapest quotes when I have shipped large items. They are restrictive in where they go though. Fastenal will come pick the item up.

CobraSam

Established Member
Old Dominion Freight maybe? Not sure if they can help your exact situation, but I’ve used them a few times. Good service.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Almost no shpping Co will touch it without it being palletized, strapped and crated.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blown 89

Established Member
I ship LTL to and from CA daily (I have 6 pallets in the warehouse waiting for pickup to LA and Norcal right now). Go find a pallet sitting behind an industrial complex then ship it YRC Freight. They will be the cheapest LTL on that route. Central Arizona Freight used to ship to CA for $70 but they've been bought out by BC Freightway and no longer run that route.

Freightquote is a joke, I've never found cheaper shipping through that site.

edit: you're going to need liftgate service unless you both have a forklift to get it on and off the truck. Sometimes the truck driver is cool and will unload it for you without and upcharge.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Almost no shpping Co will touch it without it being palletized, strapped and crated.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

That was my initial thought, but wasn’t sure what was out there. I’m assuming no pallet no crate means $$

I ship LTL to and from CA daily (I have 6 pallets in the warehouse waiting for pickup to LA and Norcal right now). Go find a pallet sitting behind an industrial complex then ship it YRC Freight. They will be the cheapest LTL on that route. Central Arizona Freight used to ship to CA for $70 but they've been bought out by BC Freightway and no longer run that route.

Freightquote is a joke, I've never found cheaper shipping through that site.

edit: you're going to need liftgate service unless you both have a forklift to get it on and off the truck. Sometimes the truck driver is cool and will unload it for you without and upcharge.

Good point about the lift, never even thought about that. I’ll check some of these options to see if it even makes sense.

nxhappy

Established Member
the best answer is forward air. get a pallet some where, wrap it yourself with cardboard and shrink wrap. They have locations at SFO and SMF. estimated cost $200 or 300. If you dont want to deal with any of it call Team Worldwide in SFO.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Was actually just going to recommend Greyhound too. Last time i shipped something massive, it was a model airplane i built that was about 6 foot by 6 foot boxed up, and they did it for about $130 or so.

Granted, a stove is going to weigh more, so it might be a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread