anyone know?

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
what kind of mufflers come on the contour svt? and will they work for the SHO? cuz i like that sound better. thanks

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
startthesho said:
what kind of mufflers come on the contour svt? and will they work for the SHO? cuz i like that sound better. thanks

Are you sure what you heard on the Contour was stock? I wouldn't go to the trouble of putting ANYTHING stock on your car. :bored: There are so many good aftermarket choices out there.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
i like how it sounds whatever it is, my bro-in-law has a csvt, he doesnt like the sound he told me yesterday, so he's thinkin about gettin some mufflers for it, so i might get whatever he's got if they r in good shape

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I don't know. I went Bassani and never went back....

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
well, for the teenager that just spent his entire savings on his 351w to get it from the shop....and $800 exhaust is not in the near future for the SHO lol

but on the bright side, i did get all my stuff for my windsor back from the machine shop :banana:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You do realize the different sound is the different engine? Not the muffler.

Twisted99

Established Member
Most add series 40 flowmasters...when they do..I have Magnaflows...The flowmasters are uh...inexpensive....I removed the resonator..talk about sound..yeah it is a V-8..what's not to like about uncorking it and reving to 7000....try www.v8sho.com

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
startthesho said:
i'm sure it's not just the engine.
No, its not just the engine. But thats going to make the biggest difference. The Contour is a 2.5 liter, where the SHO is a 3.0 or a 3.2. The same muffler will not sound the same on two different cars.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thanks steve, thats what I was trying to say.

But what do I know, I've only owned 4 SHOs and only done work to many more.

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
SinisterSHO said:
No, its not just the engine. But thats going to make the biggest difference. The Contour is a 2.5 liter, where the SHO is a 3.0 or a 3.2. The same muffler will not sound the same on two different cars.
i know that, i wasn't expecting the same sounds as the 2.5, but it would probly be better than the stock mufflers on the SHO's.

and sorry if i came off like a jerk Chris. i wasn't trying to sound like that

Users who are viewing this thread