Anyone looking forward to Anthem? (video game)

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I’m interested in getting into the online multiplayer co-op shooter genre but I feel like I’ve missed the boat on Destiny and The Division series (I know The Division 2 is coming out soon, but I’m talking ground floor on a new IP) and god only knows when Borderlands 3 is coming out. Everything in my gut is telling me to not trust EA or BioWare after the BFV and Mass Effect: Andromeda launch debacles respectively. But there is just something about Anthem that is drawing me in. I haven’t purchased a full priced game on launch day since BF4. So I figure if I go all in and it’s a flop, I’m about due for one.

Anyone else getting it day one?

1996slowbra

Established Member
I’m interested in getting into the online multiplayer co-op shooter genre but I feel like I’ve missed the boat on Destiny and The Division series (I know The Division 2 is coming out soon, but I’m talking ground floor on a new IP) and god only knows when Borderlands 3 is coming out. Everything in my gut is telling me to not trust EA or BioWare after the BFV and Mass Effect: Andromeda launch debacles respectively. But there is just something about Anthem that is drawing me in. I haven’t purchased a full priced game on launch day since BF4. So I figure if I go all in and it’s a flop, I’m about due for one.

Im sure EA will **** it all up somehow.

Zemedici

Established Member

I'll snag it up

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's not for me. I just can't get behind futuristic shooters like Halo, some of the CoD games and now Anthem.

I also can't get used to WASD, so all my FPS games are played on Xbox One. Lol

Zemedici

Established Member
I guess the guy who wears skinny jeans would be the same guy interested in jumping a mile high in the air with a 6,000lb weapon and suit of armor. :p

pfff hahahaha

ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUTURE

I just like the fact that if someone's behind me, I have a chance to get away. More realistic ones, you're ****ed. lololol

SirShaun

Established Member
I'm on the fence still. I'll wait to see the launch, no pre order from me. I read that every activity will have matchmaking. Will probably play a good bit like Destiny.

One thing that sounded good, was the loot tables were more like Diablo 3, so the RNG is real apparently.

Blown 89

Established Member
It's not for me. I just can't get behind futuristic shooters like Halo, some of the CoD games and now Anthem.

I also can't get used to WASD, so all my FPS games are played on Xbox One. Lol
I agree about the futuristic shooters. I prefer things simple and fast. Shooters have slowed down to the point that they're not exciting anymore. Thankfully the new Unreal Tournament is free and has pretty active servers. WASD for life though!

1996slowbra

Established Member
I'm on the fence still. I'll wait to see the launch, no pre order from me. I read that every activity will have matchmaking. Will probably play a good bit like Destiny.

One thing that sounded good, was the loot tables were more like Diablo 3, so the RNG is real apparently.

Are they like D3 at launch or D3 today because those two loot tables are worlds apart now lol

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Now this is relevant to me! I had no idea this was a thing, and yet it's released already!

Unfortunately not for PC, so I'll be buying this on Xbox One.

yep PC is delayed until Feb 1st sadly, I have yet to install it due to work but that'll change after 6PM tonight

I still got my original AC 2 PS-1, and 5 PS-2

Kiohtee

Established Member
I agree about the futuristic shooters. I prefer things simple and fast. Shooters have slowed down to the point that they're not exciting anymore. Thankfully the new Unreal Tournament is free and has pretty active servers. WASD for life though!

That's where I disagree with you. The advanced mechanics and abilities of the futuristic shooters keeps things fast paced and exciting (if that's your thing) so long as the maps aren't atrociously huge. My all time favorite FPS is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (and now Modern Warfare Remastered). It's slower paced with appropriate sized maps and very realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread