• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Anyone port their Gen2R?

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by nickstobias, Aug 15, 2019.

1. nickstobias

nickstobias cobracommander04 Established Member

Just curious if anyone has done this and is worth it? Or is it better to go 10% lower? Getting a Gen3 is not in the budget, but the Motor is built. Thanks

2. Catmonkey

Catmonkey I Void Warranties! Premium Member Established Member

I'm sure someone's done it, but I doubt there's a whole lot left to wring out of that blower. It would be hard to justify the cost for 10-15 hp. If the engine is built you may need a 10% to get in boost range.

nickstobias likes this.
  3. 96gt02

96gt02 Well-Known Member Established Member

You know I was having this discussion with someone on the FB page about them saying the 2R can be ported for significant gains and I just dont understand how that can be when I ported trinity is essentially making it into a 2R, I tried to contact 1320 about it but never got any response, I think its BS though and agree that there is maybe 10-15 HP but nothing significant.

nickstobias likes this.
  4. merkyworks

merkyworks Well-Known Member Established Member

Talk with @biminiLX he pushed his 2R to some great #'s and would be able to advise best route probably.

nickstobias likes this.
  5. 96gt02

96gt02 Well-Known Member Established Member

and BTW im not saying there is no gains in porting I just cant see it making a huge difference in the 2R

6. biminiLX

biminiLX never stock Established Member

I bought my ported Gen 2R directly from BPS. Sylvain and the BPS are awesome. I also had them port match and maximize the Whipple 170 TB.
    The 2R is damn good as is and definitely doesn’t need a cut/Weld/port like the Trinity or even the Gen 3.
    Still, it’s a PD blower so decreasing ANY restriction in front of the rotor pack will help.
    A simple clean up on the 2R and more importantly matching the TB is all you need but yes, maybe 10-15hp tops.
    You can remove the rotors and try to port deep in there, but I don’t see the need.
    -J