Anyone run a new 16+ SS Camaro?

StalkerStang

Established Member
Just curious, especially for the bolt on Coyote cars. I've seen them here and there but never get a chance to run them (traffic usually).

I know they are pretty quick.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I ran one last summer - definitely had exhaust, was likely a FBO car, maybe even a cam. I pulled, but nothing like the hurt I put on the previous gen SS cars. 60 to top of 4th and I only put about 2.5 lengths on him. I think a FBO Coyote will have it's hands full with a bone stock 16+, if the SS is modded, Coyote will lose.

Last edited:

TheBorkinator

Established Member
I've run two of them but I've got a Paxton so it was pretty one sided both times. I know one of them had at least exhaust but likely nothing else.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
LT1 camaro ss vs 5.0 stang is like comparing LS1 camaro ss vs 4.6 stang....

Stock for stock or mod for mod it is not close. Need to have quite a bit more work on the stang/better driver to win, but it can happen.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Lol I don't think its that bad, but yeah they are faster.

Although back before Coyotes and LS2/3 cars, we had full bolt on 2V's running with mostly stock LS1 cars....

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I meant 4.6 4v.... LS1 vs 4.6 4v....

I actually had a little 4.6 2v and beat some LS1's obviously I was more modded... lol

KushBandit

Established Member
I've raced a couple 6th gens so far. From a dig, I have no issue pulling them. They move out pretty well from a roll though. I only put 2-3 cars on the ones I raced from 40-130ish.

I have a ported CJ setup with full exhaust, some weight reduction, and running 91 pump gas. 2 of Camaros have headers, intake and E85. All of use have auto trans.

I think bone stock they make roughly 400-410rwhp. They're much stronger than the 5th gens. Chevy really nailed the stock tune as well, so don't take a stock one lightly.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I've raced a couple 6th gens so far. From a dig, I have no issue pulling them. They move out pretty well from a roll though. I only put 2-3 cars on the ones I raced from 40-130ish.

I have a ported CJ setup with full exhaust, some weight reduction, and running 91 pump gas. 2 of Camaros have headers, intake and E85. All of use have auto trans.

I think bone stock they make roughly 400-410rwhp. They're much stronger than the 5th gens. Chevy really nailed the stock tune as well, so don't take a stock one lightly.

Having a hard time believing you can put 2-3 cars on a modded SS without a power adder on the Coyote.

KushBandit

Established Member
Having a hard time believing you can put 2-3 cars on a modded SS without a power adder on the Coyote.

Just call me a liar, you don't know my setup lol.

Why would I need a power adder? I've seen their cars trap 116-117mph, where I trap 121-122mph in a car that weighs 3400lbs with me in it. I have a good 400lbs difference of race weight over my buddies cars.

For reference, Stock SS's trap about 113mph at my local track.

mystcobra04

Established Member
I play with one a couple weeks ago, no real pulls with traffic. but with what I saw I'm not too sure I'm biting on that low 12s, every time he jump on it and I gave him the jump I took him took him a least a car length, grant it we didn't do a full pull but he show no gain on me. I'm putting 470hp with mods but I expect him to a least go finder to finder. NOT IMPRESSED do love the look.

DRK HRS

Established Member
I've had a run with one. They're pretty quick compared to the 5th gen. I still gapped him pretty bad. If I was in the market for a brand new muscle car for less than $40k, I'd be taking a hard look at them though as much as I love Mustangs. Part of that is also that I seem to be the odd man out and really don't like the looks of the S550. Either way whether you like the S550 looks or not, you can't argue with the performance of the new Camaro.

SixPak

Established Member
I had a chance to do a few freeway pulls against a new 6gen SS right after I did the mods in my sig. I am reasonably certain that the 6gen was stock since he still had the dealer tag on the car. We did three pulls from about 60 to 120ish and I spanked him good each time, the last time I gave him the hit, realed him in and walked on by.
I am not trying to kid anybody though, the new 6gens have a lot of potential. Only problem they have is GM isn't selling enough of them.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Lol you need 600 hp to "keep up"?

N/a coyotes are deep in the 11's.... that's faster than the camaros. The ones I've seen in the deep 12's and touching high 11's are anomalies..... I bet mid 12's is what they run with average driving.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Yes, read the notes above from Zyborg and R.D.P.

Apparently putting 2-3 cars on a bolt-on one in a full bolt-on E85 5.0 with heavy weight reduction is poo poo because the 6th gen so mighty!

/sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread