Anyone run their car on a Mustang Dyno?

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
What HP numbers are people getting on Mustang dynos? I know it will be lower than a Dynojet. I ran on one today and it made 532 hp 548 ft.lb torque. Car was hot, drove straight onto the dyno and it idled on dyno for about 20 min while they got it ready. First run it made about 502 hp. Let it cool for about 15 minutes then it made the 532 hp. So cooling a bit picked up 30 hp. I was still expecting a bit more even on a Mustang dyno. The supercharger was too hot too touch.

Planeswalker

Established Member
I have always heard to multiply by 1.12 to convert to DynoJet #s, and that it can vary from 10-15% less on a Mustang Dyno. Using 12% would put you at 595 which is closer to what I would expect from a hot car with a 15 minute cool down. Hopefully somebody with experience with both can comment.

Collspec2

Established Member
I have run my car on both but only after it was modded. I made 734hp 735tq on the mustang dyno and 719hp 736tq on the dyno jet. The mustang can be manipulated to read higher so I suspect that's what they did.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Why do mustang dynos generally read lower then dynojet? Which one is more accurate? Obviously one of them is not reading right.

gkviper192

Established Member
you never know what the correction factor is set at on a mustang dyno so you can never consistently see what the true percentage lower that they read really is.

lethal

Established Member
Why do mustang dynos generally read lower then dynojet? Which one is more accurate? Obviously one of them is not reading right.

Really, I look for differences, you can really only compare two cares, on the same day, same conditions, same dyno (which is all but impossible). Your best bet is to decide which one you will use as a baseline and keep using it for your mods and upgrade tracking. Going to a different dyno will only complicate things, but may be fun for the gee whiz factor.

Users who are viewing this thread