Anyone running 20x10 Fronts/ 20x11 Rears?

nrmustang

Established Member
As the title says, anyone running this combo? And if so, what size tires are you running? Pics?

I have my eye on a set of 6gr FIVE wheels, but they only come in this size. They’ll fit, but seems tire size is a bit more limited.

Thanks in advance

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running 20x10 up front with 285/35-20s and 20x11.5 out back with 325/30-20s. Offset is critical. I'm running +41mm offset up front and +60mm in the rear. Less offset than that and you can count on smaller tires or have the tire sticking out past the fenders. I have removed the bump stop brackets from the rear wheel wells.

Shelby 27 Sep 21 19.jpg

nrmustang

Established Member
Thanks @Catmonkey. So the wheels I’m looking at are 35mm for the 10” fronts, and 50mm for the 11” rears.

What do we think about the offset on those?

The company- Project 6gr states that they designed these wheels specifically for the Mustang.

For some reason my phone is acting goofy. Can’t upload the screenshot of the wheels.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
As the title says, anyone running this combo? And if so, what size tires are you running? Pics?

I have my eye on a set of 6gr FIVE wheels, but they only come in this size. They’ll fit, but seems tire size is a bit more limited.

Thanks in advance
295/30/20,and 325/30/20 CUP 2 all around

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
If you ran the same tires I have, your fronts will be 1/4" further outboard and the rears a 1/2". You could encounter some rubbing on the bottom of the outer fender lip on a hard impact. I'd remove the springs and jack up the rear end to sit on the bump stops and see what sort of clearance you have. Figure the bump stop can compress at least a 1/2" on a hard hit. Hard hits can and do happen, my exhaust have a ding from the watts link heim joint. Given that, I see no contact points. If you do make contact with the fender, it will eventually burn the paint at the point of contact. I'd try to find something with at least +55mm. I think the fronts will be okay if you're not lowered a lot.

_Satch_

Established Member
I'm also running 20 x 10's (+38) up front and 20 x 11's (+54) in the rear. I've relocated the bumpstops and removed the welded on brackets in the rear. My rear tires at +54 are pretty close at the fender, and I'm only running 305's on the back. I would think the +50 on the rear would make that even worse. I'm also lowered with the Ford L springs all around.
-Satch

Cobra Therapy

Established Member

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome. Thanks again @Catmonkey. In the pics for these wheels, it does look like they stick out some. They’re advertised at 285/35/20’s front and 315/30/20’s rear.
You're welcome. Just so you know, that tire combination will get you a shorter diameter rear tire by .5", give or take than the front. It may not be that noticeable, but don't rule out 275/35-20s up front to even it out.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running 20x10 up front with 285/35-20s and 20x11.5 out back with 325/30-20s. Offset is critical. I'm running +41mm offset up front and +60mm in the rear. Less offset than that and you can count on smaller tires or have the tire sticking out past the fenders. I have removed the bump stop brackets from the rear wheel wells.

View attachment 1712799
Nice shelby!! How do you like those michelin cup 2's. Do you find the front tires pulling your steering on the high way on uneven roads or cracks because of the compound of these tires? Good grip on the rears or do you have to warm them up? I know weather plays a big roll. Im up for some new tires and im trying to decide on these or new ps.

LuuisHernandez

Established Member

View attachment 1712799

What wheels do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice shelby!! How do you like those michelin cup 2's. Do you find the front tires pulling your steering on the high way on uneven roads or cracks because of the compound of these tires? Good grip on the rears or do you have to warm them up? I know weather plays a big roll. Im up for some new tires and im trying to decide on these or new ps.

I ran the Pilot Super Sports before these and the Cup 2s are obviously softer and offer better traction. It doesn't take too much effort to break them loose with the engine I have. I don't have too many circumstances to heat them up, but they do work better hot. That's obvious just from road temps. The SC2s do tramline a little, but not as bad as the smaller GY supercar tires that came on the car. They're relatively quiet too. The SC2s are going to be a bit of a compromise, faster wear, a little more road noise and better traction over the higher mileage profiles. I don't put that many miles on this car in a year, so I can justify the wear issue.

My new 2021 GT500 has the Michelin 4S. It's a more civilized tire like the Super Sports. I don't have enough miles on it yet to test adhesion. But there's a big torque difference between these two engines, so it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison.

What wheels do you have?

These are True Forged Competitions. True Forged is no longer in business. They were originally 20x9.5 and 20x11 and I moved the inner barrels for the rear to the front wheels and got a .5" wider barrel for the rear. Offsets worked out where I wanted them.

VPS-GT500

I am running Carroll Shelby CS14 20X9.5 with 265/35/20 up front, 20X11 with 325/30/20 in the rear.

20 x 9.5
Back Space (in.) 6.18
Offset (mm) 30

20 x 11
Back Space(in) 8.125
Offset (mm) 55
cap211104(3)1624588286.6649108full.jpg

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I ran the Pilot Super Sports before these and the Cup 2s are obviously softer and offer better traction. It doesn't take too much effort to break them loose with the engine I have. I don't have too many circumstances to heat them up, but they do work better hot. That's obvious just from road temps. The SC2s do tramline a little, but not as bad as the smaller GY supercar tires that came on the car. They're relatively quiet too. The SC2s are going to be a bit of a compromise, faster wear, a little more road noise and better traction over the higher mileage profiles. I don't put that many miles on this car in a year, so I can justify the wear issue.

My new 2021 GT500 has the Michelin 4S. It's a more civilized tire like the Super Sports. I don't have enough miles on it yet to test adhesion. But there's a big torque difference between these two engines, so it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison.

These are True Forged Competitions. True Forged is no longer in business. They were originally 20x9.5 and 20x11 and I moved the inner barrels for the rear to the front wheels and got a .5" wider barrel for the rear. Offsets worked out where I wanted them.

They’re gorgeous. I love that mesh style with the lip. I went with a similar style wheel:
IMG_1515.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1712799
Dude those wheels look badass, I need to find a set.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread