Anyone running a Tial QR BOV?

00stang37

Established Member
Hey guys, Im was looking to run a Tial Q BOV on my procharger set-up but after watching some videos it seems to be more on the obnoxious side. I dont mind the louder discharge when shifting or letting off after a hard acceleration but the constant venting during normal cruising would be too much for a daily driver. I couldnt find any real reviews or video of the QR version for supercharger applications. Everything I found were turbo applications. Im going to be rounding 9-10 psi on a p1sc so the tial QR should be sufficient enough for me.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That looks like the closed version of the 50mm I'm running. Mine ridiculously loud. But I'm also at 19psi. I drove to Vegas and was tired of it by the time we got there. You might be able to muffle it with a small filter.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Off topic but I would like to quiet mine down ^ was thinking of muffling it somehow as well without affecting function.

OP the bov your talking about is sweet if you need recirculated but you might need a custom setup for that. I agree it is too loud for a DD I didn't know the thing was going to be wide open at idle and cruise when I bought mine I wish I would have known. Now I'm having issues with neighbors and I'm looking for a new daily as we speak. I wish there was a way to make it work the same as a turbo car only venting when letting of throttle maybe there is a way we don't know about? I might try to get some decibel readings at idle to get a better perspective. It's louder than my o/r exhaust in a closed garage at say 10% throttle.

Last edited:

00stang37

Established Member
Yea, the QR is pretty much the same as the 50mm/Q but it has the ability to run open or recirculated. The only info I could find is that some people have an issue with the amount it can flow compared to the open version.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Off topic but I would like to quiet mine down ^ was thinking of muffling it somehow as well without affecting function.

OP the bov your talking about is sweet if you need recirculated but you might need a custom setup for that. I agree it is too loud for a DD I didn't know the thing was going to be wide open at idle and cruise when I bought mine I wish I would have known. Now I'm having issues with neighbors and I'm looking for a new daily as we speak. I wish there was a way to make it work the same as a turbo car only venting when letting of throttle maybe there is a way we don't know about? I might try to get some decibel readings at idle to get a better perspective. It's louder than my o/r exhaust in a closed garage at say 10% throttle.

We can't run a closed bov like the turbo guys. The turbos can spin slow enough not to create pressure. A supercharger creates pressure even at idle.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Yea I figured that out the minute I did my first start :-D I just never gave it thought haha It's not like it's a terrible sound just too loud for these city boys around here in Jersey.

Last edited:

00stang37

Established Member
I was thinking about recirculating it to the inlet tube/powerpipe which I dont think would cause any issues but It would at least allow for a filter or something to be attached to muffle the sound.

As far as the post about the volume of the open valve, they seem like they would still be louder than any exhaust set up haha.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My bov is the loudest part of my car. And saying a lot seeing as I have an F1A and Borla Stingers.

MOTOWN M

Established Member
Hey guys, Im was looking to run a Tial Q BOV on my procharger set-up but after watching some videos it seems to be more on the obnoxious side. I dont mind the louder discharge when shifting or letting off after a hard acceleration but the constant venting during normal cruising would be too much for a daily driver. I couldnt find any real reviews or video of the QR version for supercharger applications. Everything I found were turbo applications. Im going to be rounding 9-10 psi on a p1sc so the tial QR should be sufficient enough for me.

From what your describing you definetly dont want a open BOV, i run a Procharger Big Red! Nuff said , you basically need to look at BOVs that recirculate only, any open valve will be much too loud for you, i run a Vortech V7 YSI, and my BOV is clearly the loudest part of my combo, and i run a complete Stainless works Headers, and catted exhaust.

00stang37

Established Member
The recirculating valve is the way to go for me for sure. Recirculating the valve to the inlet would work with a blow-thru set up right?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The recirculated air hasn't been metered if the bov is before the MAF. No need for it to connect after the MAF. I'd connect it to the blower inlet pipe.

MOTOWN M

Established Member
The recirculated air hasn't been metered if the bov is before the MAF. No need for it to connect after the MAF. I'd connect it to the blower inlet pipe.

The air has already been metered, its simply being recirculated, does it need to be metered twice?

Stanger00

Established Member
Yes as long as the recirculated air is routed after the MAF

OP is running a blow thru not draw thru

Exactly!

The air has already been metered, its simply being recirculated, does it need to be metered twice?

No. You're thinking OP is draw thru.

The Tial is stupid loud. Cruising is the worst (for cars next to me), haha.

00stang37

Established Member
Haha yea I've hear that people dont like driving next to those with the open tials.

And yes, this is a blow thru set up.

Still no luck on videos. Anyone know of any videos of the Tial or Red Race Valve recirculated?

Mach828

Established Member
If you want it quite I would run that QR and then recirculate the air to the blower inlet like said above. Still keep it as a blow through MAF.

An open Tial is really loud. Its not so bad if you aren't spinning the blower too hard and your cruise rpm is low. But if my cruise rpm hits about 2,500 then my BOV goes nuts. If I had to go on a long trip I'd probably need noise cancelling headphones or ear plugs.

Mach828

Established Member
This is a recirculated Tial. Skip to 1:18

[video=youtube;Y53TLv3Kd-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53TLv3Kd-4[/video]

Last edited:

00stang37

Established Member
Thanks Mach, Ive seen that video before but didn't realize it was recirculated. Still pretty loud. almost sounds as loud as the open unless its just the video quality. The stock one he had didnt sound too bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread