Anyone running no cats with a Magnaflow Catback

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I am considering cutting my cats out and welding a piece of pipe in place of the cats with MIL eliminators,i know it will be alittle louder but does a offroad pipe sound good with the Magnaflow Catback?

blk96SVT

Established Member
I have an offroad x on my 96 with the Magnaflow CB and I think it sounds great, minus the popping sound once in awhile. The MIL eliminators from Dallas Mustang have worked great.

FoMoCoDave

Established Member
I have a BBK off road x pipe, and Magnaflow cat back. It sounds great, not to loud under normal driving, but when you step on the loud pedal it will get loud. My Magnaflow is diff from my friends. Mine has the little perforated inserts in the tailpipes and his don't. His car is louder than mine. Almost too loud (he has no cats either) My cat back was purchased when the 03's came out and his was purchased when the 10th ann. cars hit the market. Must have been a change or mine is for a 01 or something.

akaeric

Established Member
Thats what I had on my 2003 Cobra and they were great and they would quieting down in 5th gear and with the open exhaust with a cold air intake the motor as breathing real good. I'm thinking of doing it again with my 2004 but ypu have to remember taking the cats off void your emmission warranty allthough I don't see that it mater if you don't have any cat anyway but the car did pop back on down shift plus a Cobra has 4 cats two precats off the exhaust mainafold and two in the middle and because you get so much more air through the precats thats when you run the car hard the precats would get so hot it would smell like rubber burning so next time I would take them off to but they were working as silencers and with out them it will be louder but hell in my early years thats all we had was exhaust manifold or headers and mufflers and nothing else what kind of muffler would make how loud it would be we didn't have any of theses cats to worry about. I think I'm going with the X pipe with free flowing cat to a pair of cat backs and see how those work.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I run an off road bassani pipe with my magnaflow catback.. sounds amazing.. It's loud when it needs to be.. cruising on the freeway there's absolutely no drone what so-ever in the 2k zone. I think it sounds perfect (to me anyways) and is exactly what I was looking for.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Solid, I'm even going cheaper! I'm having a buddy who owns an exhaust shop fab me up a no-cat H. Can't wait for the results!

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I am running the Magnaflow catback and BBK o/r x-pipe. The car definately turns heads on the road. Under normal driving conditions it is still a bit louder than when I had the cats on. Removing the cats really made the car louder. It screams at WOT!! But then again I like my car LOUD. I think it is an awesome setup!!

Users who are viewing this thread