Anyone Seen Wonder Woman?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I saw it and it was one of the best movie I have seen in awhile. Woul take any 10 year old to it without hesitation. It will be one of the few movies I will pay full price on when it hits the stores

281CJ

Established Member
All the issues I had were with editing:

* She sets beer down on far left, cut then its back in her hand
* She picks up tank, but seems to just magically fly out of her hands, she seemed to not move to cause it to be dropped.
* She jumps really high against what we normally see as a slowly night sky, but its almost pitch black behind her, almost as if it wasn't fully rendered.
* Twice something happens and shes either INSTANTLY standing or moved. If it's to show her speed its a really jerky way to do so. It comes off like a split second jump cut.

Otherwise I think the acting and script were spot on.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
It was much better than I thought it was going to be. It is evident there is a strong push from the feminists in this one though.
The group of super comic fan geeks behind me were bitching and moaning about feminists and this movie before it started. Where do you see "this strong push" as you call it.

I thought the movie was rather toned down on the feminism front.

281CJ

Established Member
The group of super comic fan geeks behind me were bitching and moaning about feminists and this movie before it started. Where do you see "this strong push" as you call it.

I thought the movie was rather toned down on the feminism front.
Agreed. This felt like Wonder Woman being played just as she should be. She grew up on an island full of women generally taught that Man was over all not needed. That's part of her early personality until she learns to trust/befriend Superman/Batman. Shes strong, independent and compassionate. That's WHO she is.

Coiled03

Established Member
Watched it this weekend. It was visually stunning....in every way. But man, the acting was HORRIBLE.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
It was a popcorn flick, not bad, not great.
Are not all of the comic book/super hero based movies popcorn flicks? I mean I don't walk into any of them expecting the profound sense of emotion that a movie like Schindler's List elicits.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Are not all of the comic book/super hero based movies popcorn flicks? I mean I don't walk into any of them expecting the profound sense of emotion that a movie like Schindler's List elicits.
Good post Kendall. Is bugs bunny ever going to do a new one? I miss him.

Users who are viewing this thread