anyone sell front Cobra caliper brackets?

YELOSNK

Established Member
I'm getting a "thunk" when using the brake while backing up*. After having someone inspect it, I'm being told I need to replace the caliper bracket on the passenger-side front brake. Problem is, I only see regular GT caliber brackets on american muscle and LMR. Does anyone know how I can get a replacement one of these (or otherwise think that's a dumb explanation of what's wrong)?

*though, oddly, it doesn't then do it when I brake for the first time going forward.

YELOSNK

Established Member

thanks! however, it's showing this Cardone 14-1089 part, which is the exact same part it shows for a GT. I was of the impression it was a different bracket.

EDIT: whoops, it shows that part number for "GT Bullitt". didn't see that, sounds like I should be good!

Are the pad clips missing?

I believe that was their initial theory and it turned out to not be the fix. I haven't seen it yet (hard to look at the caliper and back up/brake at same time), but supposedly they could visually see the bracket shifting when braking in reverse (and only in reverse oddly) .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread