anyone still watch new simpsons episodes?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I stopped watching the simpsons probably around 2002 when i was around 14 but this weekend me and some friends got drunk and watched a couple of the new episodes on on-demand and they were pretty damn funny. i guess i figured the simpsons had probably lost their touch since theyve been on for 25 years but i think they definitely still have it. they had some really great satire that was spot on, good cameos (judd apatow and seth rogen on one of the episodes), and that classic simpsons humor. in a way it was better than family guy because family guy usually relies on dry and tasteless humor or raunchy humor, and the simpsons just has normal funny humor of a more lighthearted nature.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just watched a bit of one last night, but don't know if it was new or a rerun. Funny! Show has been around for long time.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Meh, not really. I stopped watching The Simpsons around the time Family Guy got big. I'd catch an episode every now and then but I don't even watch new episodes of Family Guy anymore

wht93gted

Established Member
Not really in the past 10 years or so. A local station around here plays the classics (damn, I sound old) every Thursday night. 4 episodes in a row, and it was such a great show back then.

I enjoy Bob's Burgers now...it kind of has that old Simpsons satire in it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't watch a whole lot of tv any more. But if its on while im channel surfing then I will watch it. I love the simpsons. I like family guy and american dad but some of their episodes are hit or miss with me. Bobs burgers is also a good one.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
if anyone gets a chance try to watch the one on on-demand about illegal movie piracy. its a pretty hilarious satire on how the FBI takes it way too serious. "my cousin worked as a grip on a movie set and because of piracy he had to sell his jet ski. a grip without a jet ski is NOTHING!"

Blown 89

Established Member
It's still darn funny, I just don't have time to keep up with new episodes so they fill up my dvr every week.

oldmodman

Established Member
I still watch all three. Simpsons, Family Guy, and Futurama.
And some of the most sarcastic stuff on Adult Swim.

I get some of my best practical jokes from them.

And my favorite "bit" is on Family Guy. I am always waiting for another Chicken Fight or time travel/alternate universe episode. I want them to swap Meg into the "Hot Meg universe and send 'Hot Meg" over to Quagmire's house.

Plus an episode where Bart and Stewie take over and enslave the entire universe for humor and evil.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
The old seasons were fantastic.

A buddy is moving to Texas, and we told him he needs to get a big cowboy hat. Like Homer Simpson.

Homer_and_apu.jpg

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Still havnt missed an episode since theyve been on. My favorites are 91-96 but still one of my all time favorite shows!

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
90s were my absolute favorites, but i haven't seen any of the newer episodes in probably 3 or 4 years. I have seen literally every episode up to probably 2002, then the occasional show from then to 2009, and then I just completely stopped watching.

mach14604

Established Member
I stopped watching around Season 10 and have every episode on DVD. I have watched newer episodes but they are no where near he caliber of the older seasons. To me they have went to a level that uses bathroom humor and jokes that you don't have to think about(To keep on par with Family Guy). To me what MADE Simpsons is the fact that you had to think about the jokes and read into things it was subtle. I miss writers like Conan O'Brian.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I still try to catch every episode on dvr, I'm 28. I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I still enjoy family guy, it never gets old. And I used to not care much for bobs burgers but the more I watch it the more I like it.

Yellazxr

Established Member
This happened to me a few weeks ago I watched an episode on Hulu (I think it was the one about movie piracy) and I was surprised at how good it was and how they have adapted their content for the times.

Users who are viewing this thread