Anyone successful in wiring analog 1 to the x4 (for Livelink)?

Willie

Established Member
The firewire instructions say orange for the input and blue for the ground. Voltage = 0. Then SCT says to connect the system ground wire (black). Voltage still = 0.

I look at my x4 users manual pdf file and it says this in quotes and caps:

"YOU WILL ONLY BE USING THE RED AND BLACK WIRES - CONFIGURE AS ANALOG 7 IN YOUR X4."

I tried this. Voltage = ~7.6 (with no conversion formula). To confirm / deny this, I used my old hardware, Xcal2 interface, Livelink 6.5, and with no formula, Voltage = 4.5, what it should be.

I'm at a loss. Thoughts or experiences appreciated.

Willie

Established Member
And to confuse the issue further, according to LL Gen II, the following analog channels with corresponding wire colors are:

1 White
2 Orange
3 Yellow
4 Green
5 Blue
6 Purple
7 Red

Completely different from above. How's that for crazy?

Willie

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Check the pin out for the 2 wires needed with an Ohm Meter and you will get it correct. Ohm meter doesn't lie.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've wired up five different cars with the analogue input and all five used different wires. I had to break out the ohm meter as mentioned.

briangsxr1000

SVT
Established Member
The firewire instructions say orange for the input and blue for the ground. Voltage = 0. Then SCT says to connect the system ground wire (black). Voltage still = 0.

I look at my x4 users manual pdf file and it says this in quotes and caps:

"YOU WILL ONLY BE USING THE RED AND BLACK WIRES - CONFIGURE AS ANALOG 7 IN YOUR X4."

I tried this. Voltage = ~7.6 (with no conversion formula). To confirm / deny this, I used my old hardware, Xcal2 interface, Livelink 6.5, and with no formula, Voltage = 4.5, what it should be.

I'm at a loss. Thoughts or experiences appreciated.
I'm having the same exact issue as you. Only way I can read an output is on the Aem white to SCT red and it reads 7.5-7.6 volts. I even tried two cables and two X4's. Sct has no idea why this is happening but I'm glad its not just me. I'm using the AEM 30-0300 X model. I'm tempted to install the OG AEM and see if that solves the issue.
Edit-Old style AEM does not change the voltage.

Have you found any fixes yet? I'll update here if I find any.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I'm having the same exact issue as you. Only way I can read an output is on the Aem white to SCT red and it reads 7.5-7.6 volts. I even tried two cables and two X4's. Sct has no idea why this is happening but I'm glad its not just me. I'm using the AEM 30-0300 X model. I'm tempted to install the OG AEM and see if that solves the issue.

Have you found any fixes yet? I'll update here if I find any.

7.5-7.6 sounds right. That's a base voltage before the formula is adjusted

briangsxr1000

SVT
Established Member
7.5-7.6 sounds right. That's a base voltage before the formula is adjusted
The analog output on the AEM is only 5V max. How would a 7.5 volt measurement be considered accurate? My DVOM says 4.5 volts while the x4 says 7.5. I'm logging Voltage only with no equation applied. My meter and the x4 should match. Apply the equation and it should match the gauge.

It appears the new X4's and latest updates aren't reading correctly. Per the original post:
"I tried this. Voltage = ~7.6 (with no conversion formula). To confirm / deny this, I used my old hardware, Xcal2 interface, Livelink 6.5, and with no formula, Voltage = 4.5, what it should be."

If it works correctly on the X2 and old livelink-something is goofy on the new firmware for the x4 I am guessing. Getting SCT to confirm that is worse than pulling teeth.

Last edited:

briangsxr1000

SVT
Established Member
I figured it out. The update SCT made 6/30/22 messed up the analog inputs. They revert me back and everything works as it should. If you updated your device after 6/30 and have issues this is why.
Easy way to check is if the X4 doesn't even list the analog input 8 to view in the gauges. Mine was missing. After reverting back the voltages are correct and I have the option to view analog 7 & 8.
Hope this helps anyone with this strange issue!

Dusten

Established Member
I figured it out. The update SCT made 6/30/22 messed up the analog inputs. They revert me back and everything works as it should. If you updated your device after 6/30 and have issues this is why.
Easy way to check is if the X4 doesn't even list the analog input 8 to view in the gauges. Mine was missing. After reverting back the voltages are correct and I have the option to view analog 7 & 8.

That's weird as ****.

Joe5.0

Established Member
So how do you get analog 8 onto livelink when selecting the PID? I can only select 1-7.

big_johnson

You have to reflash your X4 to a prior firmware version. I have them on my computer I can tell you what version they are.

Users who are viewing this thread