Anyone try EBC Red brake pads?

doubleblack

Established Member
In the market for new pads. I'm running the greens and really like them, but the red's are advertised to last longer and brake harder...

anyone try them?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Hated both on my previous car. Running Hawk hp+ now, yes they dust alot, yes they squeek horribly when cold, yes they stop HARD!!!! I hear the HPS' don't hold a candle to the HP+ from a friend who has used both.

I'd also recommend Porterfield R4S, very low dust.

YBS_Mike

Established Member
I had read about the brakes on the forums for a while but, at the time I was a manager at an Advanced Auto and tried the Bendix Ceramic CT's they carry. They are a bit pricey ($112), but I am beyond impressed with them. My old ones left constant dust and clearly faded when I needed them most. These do neither. They feel like a major upgrade and I do not think I have ever seen dust. And, unlike the hawks I keep reading about, they have NEVER squeaked.

marginalystable

Established Member
I'm currently running the EBC Redstuff - lots of dust, squeak when cold, but brake hard and have not had them fade yet (this includes some road track use). Came off stock pads to these, and love them - will be replacing them with the same.

Can't comment on a comparison, have only run these and stock.

Rgds

Users who are viewing this thread