Anyone use this wheel (Forgeline GA3R) on their GT500?

Sharad

Junior Woodchuck
Established Member
With all due respect to those with HRE wheels... It is incorrect to claim that "all the top racers run HREs." The reason that many of you have never heard of Forgeline is because they've never really directed their marketing toward the street crowd. They are professional road racing wheels, used on World Challenge, Continental Tire, and Rolex endurance type racing.

They have started making pretty wheels for the street crowd as of late, but their bread and butter is high end racing wheels. The GA3R is the pinnacle of Forgeline's technological development, strong and light with tons of caliper clearance. The spokes are an I-beam shape. Pretty slick.

With regard to the leaking topic, last year at PRI, Forgeline showed off a seal they developed. I believe it was an aluminum ring with silicone lamination that gets sandwiched between the two rim halves. Cool design.

I bought a set of Forgelines for my Mustang back in 2000. :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
With all due respect to those with HRE wheels... It is incorrect to claim that "all the top racers run HREs." The reason that many of you have never heard of Forgeline is because they've never really directed their marketing toward the street crowd. They are professional road racing wheels, used on World Challenge, Continental Tire, and Rolex endurance type racing.

They have started making pretty wheels for the street crowd as of late, but their bread and butter is high end racing wheels. The GA3R is the pinnacle of Forgeline's technological development, strong and light with tons of caliper clearance. The spokes are an I-beam shape. Pretty slick.

With regard to the leaking topic, last year at PRI, Forgeline showed off a seal they developed. I believe it was an aluminum ring with silicone lamination that gets sandwiched between the two rim halves. Cool design.

I bought a set of Forgelines for my Mustang back in 2000. :)

I didn't mean that ALL of them run them.. I meant that there are at on of teams that do.. I've heard of forgeline hell back when i bought my my HRE's I knew about them... I wouldn't say one is better than the other either.. Just different strokes. I like them and I like forgeline.. I was just stating that for that price tag he could pick up a set of HRE's.. :beer:

Carlos c

Established Member
I have those wheels and will try to take better pics soon.

225d4b92.jpg

6809255b.jpg

5093b9b7.jpg

HREs on my white one........

IMG_0143-2.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
Awesome wheels thats for sure. I have been looking at forge line. But can't seem to get the funds. Damn funds always seem to find another item to pick up.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
for the price of just the wheels i could have put you in wheels, tires and left you with $$ left over lol.

but they do look nice and are good quality wheels. enjoy :beer:

ive discussed it with van about him carrying our wheels. he's open to it. i just need to get the details over to him already. they'll be a good alternative for his customers that want sick wheels with proper offsets but dont have $8k to blow on them.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Awesome wheels thats for sure. I have been looking at forge line. But can't seem to get the funds. Damn funds always seem to find another item to pick up.

ty :)

maybe in time :)

for the price of just the wheels i could have put you in wheels, tires and left you with $$ left over lol.

but they do look nice and are good quality wheels. enjoy :beer:

ive discussed it with van about him carrying our wheels. he's open to it. i just need to get the details over to him already. they'll be a good alternative for his customers that want sick wheels with proper offsets but dont have $8k to blow on them.

I have always thought your products were fantastic...maybe my next set will be made by you :)

That would be great if you and Van partnered on the selling of your wheels :)

Users who are viewing this thread