Anyone used this yet?

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
Well of course it is only just an intake tube, and does nothing for the MAF tube. Therefore no size increase or decrease with MAF tube=no tune required. I foresee maybe 3-5 hp at most, none of which you will feel at all.

true but with my mike rousch tune i can get a revision for the intake tube and perhaps pick up a few more. 150 for 5-8HP? thats not bad at al considering alot of mods in that price range produce the same result.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Interested to see how this turns out....would pick one up in a heartbeat if gains were proven using stock tune

draxxus131

Established Member
The intake tube will not be complimented by a tune, nor will any other tune garner more power just because of the intake tube. The intake tube designed by Airaid will only smooth out the airflow tract, that is it. Any increase in power that you feel in you butt dyno will purely only come from the tune itself from smoothing the engine parameters out, and not the other way around.

Last edited:

sloppymax

Established Member
I have had one for a little over a week. Great fitment and increased noise but obviously not as much with the open filter. I will not say I felt any power gains because I doubt it did. I run the stock air box in the warmer months and the Airaid intake when it cools off. This should improve flow as there are no additional chambers and sounds good too.

Airaid is also releasing their own drop in filters, both oiled and dry in the near future. Should be on par with the AEM dry filter that I currently run. Also the Airaid advertising is just a sticker, it pulls right off.

Last edited:

Youngone2012

Established Member
This MIT is what I was looking at before I did my c&l intake tube with an afe filter and drilled holes in the stock air box

53ECE527-E5B0-476C-84D6-8024353B35BA.jpg

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
the bottle neck that is the stock MAF area will limit the flow, therefore you don't need a tune. If you don't need a tune, you are not going to be gaining anything... so mostly for looks I would bet.

I have the Airraid full kit and loved it until I got a soggy filter, now I don't love it as much with an ugly shield. From what I understand with the tune its good for 6-8 horse, which I was told is from the added flow at the MAF area from stock. Who knows, would be cool if someone had the two and did an a-b test.....

I don't really agree with that. Yes, the power increase will be minimal, but I think people misunderstand how the MAF works. The MAF sensor just measures the cooling effect of the air passing through and calculates using known variables just how much air is passing through a KNOWN TUBE SIZE. You can increase the efficiency of the intake tract, without changing the MAF tube size, and flow more air through the tube, but not need a retune. When you retune for a different MAF tube size, you're just changing the cooling effect vs. air volume ratio.

Yes, you can flow more cfm's through the stock MAF sensor tube size and the ecu will calculate the flow accurately, assuming that the MAF sensor wasn't already pegged. The MAF sensor tube size isn't always the restriction. That's why a free'er flowing filter can add some power without a retune.

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
just ordered me one

Thanks for the order Dwayne!

I don't really agree with that. Yes, the power increase will be minimal, but I think people misunderstand how the MAF works. The MAF sensor just measures the cooling effect of the air passing through and calculates using known variables just how much air is passing through a KNOWN TUBE SIZE. You can increase the efficiency of the intake tract, without changing the MAF tube size, and flow more air through the tube, but not need a retune. When you retune for a different MAF tube size, you're just changing the cooling effect vs. air volume ratio.

Yes, you can flow more cfm's through the stock MAF sensor tube size and the ecu will calculate the flow accurately, assuming that the MAF sensor wasn't already pegged. The MAF sensor tube size isn't always the restriction. That's why a free'er flowing filter can add some power without a retune.

You sir, are money!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

This answers my post up towards the top. Thank you sir.

momogt

Established Member
well I am ready to get beat up here so here we go. I put my intake tube today and load my updated mike rousch for the intake tune and wow I am impressed the car feels a lot better and sounds better. cant say how much power if any but my car pulls a lot harder with the intake tube.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Would SVT, (or Lethal) dyno this like they did with the K&N panel filters?:thumbsup:

I like the idea of keeping the stock air box so I'd be interested in a handful of hp, if there, for the price of this replacement tube.

momogt

Established Member
I have a k&n filter its just easy to clean if you ask me but im going back to stock today

50blackout

Established Member
do you know what parameters mike roush "updated"? I'd be real interested as I'm sure everyone else would be too. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Mike Roush too lately. Also congrats on the new part. I love that feeling of getting a new part, installing it, and then running it. It's almost religious :beer: for us stang bangers.

momogt

Established Member
I have know clue of what he changed. but my car runs a lot better now I also went back to stock filter also

Users who are viewing this thread