Anyone used this yet?

beef97

Established Member
Wish they'd have come out with this first! I love my airaid but can't stand the hot air getting in when sitting at a light! Good find!

Nuar

Established Member
now take off that stupid raised surface with the air raid sticker and this might be something to consider...
I always hated how airraid did that crap...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Okay, so this tube is an after MAF tube that essentially just replaces the baffled stock tube? So you essentially keep the stock air box and stock MAF area just give a better flow design?

~king~

Established Member
Okay, so this tube is an after MAF tube that essentially just replaces the baffled stock tube? So you essentially keep the stock air box and stock MAF area just give a better flow design?

it seems like...

450-946-installed.jpg

bullet3z

Established Member
Would you need a tune to get the most out of this? Also would you be better off running a free flow filter in the stock air box?

I would think this would be good for us 13 and 14 owners that don't want a wet filter or ugly sheild.

chao5.0

Established Member
I would use a K&N with this tube at least, I don't know about needing a tune though.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'd go after the AEM dry filter. I'm also wondering if a tune would be benefited with this tube seeing as that additional 400 CFM could help a little bit.

nicostang

Established Member
This seems like a good way to squeeze a few extra ponies for about half the cost of a full CAI. If AIRAID made these without their logo i would be all over this

bullet3z

Established Member
I'd go after the AEM dry filter. I'm also wondering if a tune would be benefited with this tube seeing as that additional 400 CFM could help a little bit.

Either that or the K&N filter that comes with the Track Cal unit from FRPP. I think FRPP part with the Airaid would be a good option for some of us. But just wondering if a custom tune would benefit more from this tube and filter combo?

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It will only benefit if the MAF tube size is increased.

Correct. Stock MAF is retained therefor no tune adjustments are needed, the PCM will do what it's supposed to do.

We have these in stock and ready to go for $139.90 shipped, and as always, your "SVTPERF" coupon code is valid to use on this product to get a discount!

Thanks.

Last edited:

beef97

Established Member
Has anyone found a way to box in the airaid CAI in order to accomplish the stock setup but with the larger maf size?

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
i contacted airaid about this product and they said it fits to stock box and does not require a tune.
ill be picking one of these up

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
the bottle neck that is the stock MAF area will limit the flow, therefore you don't need a tune. If you don't need a tune, you are not going to be gaining anything... so mostly for looks I would bet.

I have the Airraid full kit and loved it until I got a soggy filter, now I don't love it as much with an ugly shield. From what I understand with the tune its good for 6-8 horse, which I was told is from the added flow at the MAF area from stock. Who knows, would be cool if someone had the two and did an a-b test.....

draxxus131

Established Member
i contacted airaid about this product and they said it fits to stock box and does not require a tune.
ill be picking one of these up

Well of course it is only just an intake tube, and does nothing for the MAF tube. Therefore no size increase or decrease with MAF tube=no tune required. I foresee maybe 3-5 hp at most, none of which you will feel at all.

Users who are viewing this thread