Anyone used VHT wrinkle black on their valve covers

VtekII

Established Member
Lookin for piks of peoples valve covers that have used the VHT wrinkle black paint... whats your opinion of the finish. how has it held up so far. how did the application go?

thanks alot guys!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I would just opt to powder coat them. I had mine done for $60 for both covers and they came out great! Powdercoat is a lot more durable than the paint and with the time it takes to swap the valve covers, I would rather pay the $60 for the durability.

Here's who did mine.

Crosslink McKinney Powder Coating LLC

VtekII

Established Member
i love your engine bay kevin, i might have to get ahold of them and see what they can do for me, dont know how much of a pain in the ass itd be to send it all the way to texas though.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
i love your engine bay kevin, i might have to get ahold of them and see what they can do for me, dont know how much of a pain in the ass itd be to send it all the way to texas though.
Thanks Eric. I'm sure you can find someone local that can do it for a similar price. That is what I would look for so it doesn't cost you shipping.

I just used these guys because they are local to me. They did a great job and I would easily use them again though.

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
the shop that i do all my work at the owner loves VHT wrinkle black! he uses it quite often seems like there is a little bit of a science behind using it and stuff, but the stuff hes used it on looks awsome! id say go for it

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I would just opt to powder coat them. I had mine done for $60 for both covers and they came out great! Powdercoat is a lot more durable than the paint and with the time it takes to swap the valve covers, I would rather pay the $60 for the durability.

Here's who did mine.

Crosslink McKinney Powder Coating LLC

this.

methinks painting parts in the engine bay where youll have tools dinging them and chipping them is a dumb idea. Powdercoating lasts longer and is far more durable than a sprayed on paint coating.

VtekII

Established Member
i agree with you guys 100% that powdercoating is much better... the more i think about it, i will probly go that route. i thought it might be easier to just paint them but ehhh screw it i dont really care to EVER do it again, so might as well do it right

F8L BYT

Established Member
I used it on my old intake and it came out amazing! I would do it again on my valve covers if i ever take them off, The pics don't do it justice either, it looks much better in person but here are a couple pics to see...

Trickflowintake001.jpg

Trickflowintake002.jpg

Trickflowintake003.jpg

mr2cam

Established Member
I used it on my old intake and it came out amazing! I would do it again on my valve covers if i ever take them off, The pics don't do it justice either, it looks much better in person but here are a couple pics to see...

Trickflowintake001.jpg

Trickflowintake002.jpg

Trickflowintake003.jpg

Is that a phenolic spacer I see?

2000GT-281

Established Member
Lookin for piks of peoples valve covers that have used the VHT wrinkle black paint... whats your opinion of the finish. how has it held up so far. how did the application go?

thanks alot guys!

If you want top notch powder coating done, come up to Trail Performance in Omaha. I have had tons of stuff done there and its all been top shelf work. The guys are great. Its off of 72nd and Hwy 370. Very reasonable on prices too.

Users who are viewing this thread