• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Anyone Using an Oil Filter Sandwich Plate for Oil Pressure?

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by MelloStang2010, Sep 3, 2019.

1. MelloStang2010

MelloStang2010 Member Established Member

Finally got around to getting a actual boost gauge and figured id get a oil pressure gauge to fill one of the other pillar pods. Would seem that a sandwich plate on the oil filter is the easiest way to plug into and get a pressure reading for the gauge. However when looking around online there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on yes this one will work fine on our cars. So I was curious if anyone on here is running a oil filter sandwich plate or know of one that will fit right on. JPC and glowshift both make a plate but just want to figure out if I should expect to run into any clearance issues with it and look at getting a different sized filter before I buy one.

2. Catmonkey

Catmonkey I Void Warranties! Premium Member Established Member

If you still have the stock K-member, you might. I had my engine lowered and I had a hard time getting my filter wrench on the filter without such an extension on the filter housing. I have a Maximum Motorsport K now, so it's not an issue. I'm using Shelby's oil gauge manifold for my gauges. It's another alternative.

3. MelloStang2010

MelloStang2010 Member Established Member

Perfect, Ill probably just go with the shelby adapter since im still on the stock k member and I have lower motor mounts as well so I know real estate is tight under there which is why I hesitated just buying the sandwich plate.

4. 4rd Toys

4rd Toys Polishing my SVTs.... Established Member

5. Black Cobra '99

Black Cobra '99 Active Member Established Member

I'm using Shelby extension block, it plugs in the stock oil pressure sender and goes to a little block with several holes for any number of sensor you need, which you can locate where you want. Right now mine has the stock oil press, aftermarket oil press and oil temp sensors.

Oil Gauge Adapter (2007-2014)