Anyone who has broken a halfshaft

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
On a eaton car making the normal 450-500HP when your halfshaft breaks is it always the bar that breaks or has anyone had there cv joint or hub break as well. I was told the bars is what breaks most of the time unless your running excess of 600 or more horsepower than we need to upgrade the cv joints and hubs as well. Any info would be great!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Were these problems taken care of by ford if you didn't have a voided warrenty already?

Just curious.

Later
Jason

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
pretty easy. I did it at the track.......huh I mean in my garage, yeah thats it, in my garage
As long as you have a hub puller and the big ass socket for the nut that holds on the hub you'll be golden.
take about 2 hours with breaks and a nagging woman nearby.

Silver 03 Cobra

Mine broke just like NMRacer's on the driver's side on a drag strip after shifting into second. No wheel hop. The tires caught and popped it. I paid for it myself. There is no way I would expect Ford to pay for my bone head mistake.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
So when this thing breaks are you stuck by the road til its fixed or what? Any limp home temp fixes?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
with a open diff like our car has when it breaks your done and not going anywhere if it breaks at teh hub your really not going anywhere

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
By breaking the shaft in the inner cv boot like the picture shows would that be considered the cv joint that is breaking or is it the bar itself inside the boot area. I am trying to decide if just the DSS bars will help this situation on a eaton car or do i need to upgrade the cv joints as well. I was told the cv joints are fine on our cars up to 600 HP so i am a little confused exactly what i need to upgrade with. Keep the replies coming!

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
I have the after markets from Amazon Racing and have not had any problems at the track comming out hard on them but I have heard that every after market half shaft has been broke so there is no guarantee on any of them....Solid rear is the only guarantee

Users who are viewing this thread