Anyone with a ported Eaton near MS want to prove they can outrun a bolt on Mach 1

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
weight reduction can go a long ways. my 96 gt weighed 2973 last time it was weighed. that still needs 410rwhp to match a ported eaton cobra. he can have as much as 350rwhp if he has everything and the 96cams.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
There's a few bolt on Machs running in the high 11's. These cars are tricked out for the drag strip though, completely gutted, slicks, skinnies, so on. Then again I've seen tricked out ported Cobras run in the high 10s. He'll loose.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
He is reading this thread but I guess worried to post in it??? :shrug: But he claims he is not worried but it will be late Oct before he will run a ported Cobra

gtmustang00

Established Member
Come to new england and i bet Jake's ported eaton will wipe the floor with this mach 1.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Automach1 claims there is no ported Eaton car that can run with his Mach 1. Here are a few quotes...

For one I never claimed to beat any ported cobra. The argument started over the eaton on a mach vs n/a. Then somebody called bs to me running well against the pullied cobra. So i posted the vid as seen. Then he said my car would not have a chance against a ported blower cobra. So instead of arguing about it for 10 pages I decided to take him up on the challange :shrug: Not trying to be cocky I honestly would like to see how it does after I work the kinks out ...Car is no world beater I know its limits. :beer: Also the car is no longer a bolt-on car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
For one I never claimed to beat any ported cobra. The argument started over the eaton on a mach vs n/a. Then somebody called bs to me running well against the pullied cobra. So i posted the vid as seen. Then he said my car would not have a chance against a ported blower cobra. So instead of arguing about it for 10 pages I decided to take him up on the challange :shrug: Not trying to be cocky I honestly would like to see how it does after I work the kinks out ...Car is no world beater I know its limits. :beer:

First you claim that a N/A Mach makes more power under the curve than an Eaton and that the Eaton car falls behind once you get "into the motor".

Well in that case you could do cams and some ported heads for about a grand more... Peak powers is not everything. once you go into the motor tho eatons fall behind.

Then you say that a ported Eaton car will have enough trouble with a stock shortblock N/A Mach 1 (which we can assume is you..?) followed with a big bore will be game over for the Eaton car.

yes a heads cams 4.6 4v can make over 400 it has been done before. A eaton car would have enough trouble with a stock cubed 4.6 even with a ported blower pulley etc.. big bore would be game over.

So lets fast forward a bit, you claim a H/C/I LS1 with a stalled auto couldn't beat you. The owner said this...

I'm planning on 10.9@124, 11.0@123 conservative, with the new setup.. Your car running close to that?

At that time I was running 7.3s@95mph.. Are you running close to that?

Please stop being silly.

Your sidekick said this...

Be careful what you wish for, Your car sounds like it will be very strong but his mach will be also.

I said it sounds like you are adding nitrous or a blower. You came back with

So lets go back to where you said with a big bore (which I can only imagine you are doing) it would be game over for the ported blower car. So why are you now saying you AREN'T saying you can beat a ported blown 03 Cobra? :pop:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
First you claim that a N/A Mach makes more power under the curve than an Eaton and that the Eaton car falls behind once you get "into the motor".

Then you say that a ported Eaton car will have enough trouble with a stock shortblock N/A Mach 1 (which we can assume is you..?) followed with a big bore will be game over for the Eaton car.

So lets fast forward a bit, you claim a H/C/I LS1 with a stalled auto couldn't beat you. The owner said this...

Your sidekick said this...

I said it sounds like you are adding nitrous or a blower. You came back with

So lets go back to where you said with a big bore (which I can only imagine you are doing) it would be game over for the ported blower car. So why are you now saying you AREN'T saying you can beat a ported blown 03 Cobra? :pop:

No I am not doing a big bore. It is just a little n/a 4.6 mach. I was talking about overall performance not what I had.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
No I am not doing a big bore. It is just a little n/a 4.6 mach. I was talking about overall performance not what I had.

So you are keeping it 4.6L and you think you will pull a 125mph car? :dw:

:lol1:

So do you have proof that you car has run better than 111mph? You posted up a timeslip showing 12.6@111mph, is that it?

Last edited by a moderator:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
So you are keeping it 4.6L and you think you will pull a 125mph car? :dw:

:lol1:

So do you have proof that you car has run better than 111mph? You posted up a timeslip showing 12.6@111mph, is that it?

No the car has not been to the track again since the 12.6

JMD0346

Established Member
12.6 @111? You should start with a properly driven stock Terminator first. That would be a good race. A properly driven ported/pullied/bolt-on Termiantor would skull F*&^ your Mach 1. No lube.

Im not hatin. I like Machs.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
12.6 @111? You should start with a properly driven stock Terminator first. That would be a good race. A properly driven ported/pullied/bolt-on Termiantor would skull F*&^ your Mach 1. No lube.

Im not hatin. I like Machs.

Old set-up it went 112. Vid I posted was against a pullied cobra after longtubes 4.30s and suspension which is also a old set-up :thumbsup:

JMD0346

Established Member
I cant see that being enough to hang. That aint gonna knock off 1.5 seconds or better and add 8-12 mph. Thats what youd need to outrun a properly driven and setup ported Cobra.

Go run it and see what it'll do. Until then. you run 12.6@111. I havnet ran mine on my new setup either. So i left up the old number.

Stopsign32v

Established Member

No the car has not been to the track again since the 12.6

Old set-up it went 112. Vid I posted was against a pullied cobra after longtubes 4.30s and suspension which is also a old set-up :thumbsup:

You better back up 1mph there. And in the video it clearly looks like you got the jump, he followed, and ran you down. You even stated in the other thread that he outran you.

JMD0346

Established Member
You better back up 1mph there. And in the video it clearly looks like you got the jump, he followed, and ran you down. You even stated in the other thread that he outran you.

+1

Looked like the Cobra possibly started in a higher gear. Either way he instantly stopped his pull and ran him down. This was a pulley only car right?

So you think if he threw another 80-100 rwhp to it you would do better? WTF? Bizaro world.

Why not get yourself a blower? You know you want one. LOL:poke:

Just bustin your balls man. Dont take it to heart.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread