Anyone with a V6?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It's for my daughter so don't burn me at the stake. She has a 2003 V6 and I'm not sure if the upper radiator hose is missing a bracket or something. The way it's routed it's really close to the A/C pulley. We've already replaced the hose once and I thought it was good. But while looking at something else over the weekend we found the hose is getting rubbed through again. The thing is there isn't a whole lot of room between the overflow tank and the A/C pulley. The car is 100% stock so nothing has been messed with as far as I know. Is there supposed to be a bracket or something that holds the hose away from the pulley?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
google image search doesnt show anything, looks like decent clearance.

is it an OE hose? Maybe something is off a hair with the after market ones

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've been all over Google, but can't find anything too clear. Maybe my search-fu is lacking.

It's a Gates replacement hose. We did figure out the first hose that was installed (not by us) was installed backwards. That's why I thought we were good to go with this hose.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i just looked for 2003 mustang v6 engine and there were some good engine bay shots

put the next hose on there real quick and post a pic from the front and pass side

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I tried that and found some decent pics. I think I see the problem. The hose we have in there goes between the pulley and tank. It looks like it's supposed to go just over the tank instead.

Users who are viewing this thread