Anyone with experience with SVE wheels?

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
looking to get these SVE 3 series rims and just repaint them gloss black with matte black on the face of the spokes. My questions are:

- Is the build quality of these SVE rims good?
- Has anyone similarly repainted wheels like this, and what was the cost?
- I will be getting 18x9 and 18x10's with 265/front tires and 295/rear. I will get the rears flush with the fender, so i'm planning on getting extended studs with spacers. Does anyone have a similar setup, and what kind of rubbing issues (if any) might I expect?

Thanks in advance!

sve-46481653_6385.jpg

Franco

Established Member
I have had multiple set of sve wheels. With a 295/35 you should have no rubbing issues at all depending on how low you are and how far you bring em out. 1/4-3/8 would be the max before you run into issues.
As far as quality goes they are replica wheels made in China and my car was never a dd so it never bothered me. They are extremely heavy though.
I'm a big fan of the series 3 wheel I say go for it.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I have had multiple set of sve wheels. With a 295/35 you should have no rubbing issues at all depending on how low you are and how far you bring em out. 1/4-3/8 would be the max before you run into issues.
As far as quality goes they are replica wheels made in China and my car was never a dd so it never bothered me. They are extremely heavy though.
I'm a big fan of the series 3 wheel I say go for it.

Thanks a lot

I do think this is going to be my best option. I like the look, and I figure I can just paint it the way I want.

TxCobra76

Established Member
I had a set of SVE on a 89 gt and liked them. There not a CCW or true forged as far as quality goes. I have a set of American Muscle on my cobra and to tell you the truth the SVE is a better quality wheel. I bet you'll like em. Plus LMR is a great company to do business with. Good luck!

cdurbin328

CDurbin328
Established Member
I've always liked the look of the Series 2 and 3 SVE wheels but my biggest concern would be keeping them clean.
I'm a total neat freak with my car and trying to get inside all those nooks seems like it would be a b!tch. That's just me though.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Yeah i'm a little OCD with keeping my cobra clean as well (especially since it's all black).

I've been pretty sure that I want DD wheels, but I have to say the more I see these SVE Drifts, the more I like them on our cars. Good to hear that people have good experience with these wheels, because they are VERY reasonably priced. That's the only reason I even questioned the quality to begin with

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I was up in the air on this when these first came out. I really wanted some series 1's but they are impossible to find. I ended up with some XXR 521 (similar to the series 1).

I run a 305 on the rear and I have no rubbing issues. I think you would have plenty of room with the 295s.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Have a set of series 3 wheels on my wife's 03 vert and like them run a 305 tire in the rear and have no rubbing issues.

ded9af2b35ba1adfc8dd4a43b559141c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Man the only issue I have with these wheels is the 18x9s just look weird with so little lip. That's mainly the reason I decided against them. I ended up going 18x10 all around with the xxrs.

Lethal wasn't willing to do the packaged deal price with 4 18x10 instead of the staggered set.

They look awesome on that car though^^^^^

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Have a set of series 3 wheels on my wife's 03 vert and like them run a 305 tire in the rear and have no rubbing issues.

ded9af2b35ba1adfc8dd4a43b559141c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Are those 18x9's on the front? I talked with the rep from LMR, and he said they had a 1.5" lip on those, but that doesn't seem to be the case with yours... :shrug:

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Well i'm glad to have seen these pics on a cobra before I bought them. They look really good, but the difference in lip depth on the 18x9's/18x10's kinda bothers me.

Because of that, I went ahead and ordered the SVE drifts today instead. At least with those, I likely won't need to repaint the wheels to match the Matte paint on my car. Even if I do, it'll be cheaper than what I would have done with the SVE Series 3.

Users who are viewing this thread