Apple vacations

96dreamer

Established Member
Anyone ever had to deal with getting a refund from apple?

Booked way back in April for a 5 day in Cancun. Early part of June the outbound flight got canceled so I called and was told I would get a full refund since the flight was canceled not rescheduled. Called back every few weeks to check on progress and was told each time they were waiting on the airline refund. Until finally they started telling me I was only approved for a credit through my travel insurance. Been back and fourth with them flip flopping between a credit and cash refund for 3 months and finally started a dispute with my credit card today. The messed up thing is my sister had the exact same vacation booked and got the refund back in JUNE.

We already booked another trip through Apple for the end of October that I paid out of pocket for. The whole credit thing wouldn't have been a big deal if I could have gotten it and applied it to the new trip.

I will never do business with them again. The whole process has been a complete shit show.

Just venting a little, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Didnt know that either. Did recently get semi-screwed from VRBO but credit card chargeback to the rescue!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Never done one but I know they have been around a pretty long time. I thought it was a scam when I first heard it as well.

tistan

Established Member
Went through the same thing with another company at that onset of covid. They stalled and gave the airline excuse. I called my card company and filed a dispute. They travel company called and said things would go faster if I ended the dispute. I refused and had my money back from my card company in a week.

96dreamer

Established Member
Credit card gave me full refund via dispute already. Only took 4 days. We still have another vacation with Apple booked at the end of the month so hopefully it goes smooth.

For everyone confused on what Apple vacations is, they sell packaged flight/hotels primarily in Mexico/Caribbean. I'm shocked most people have never heard of them. They have been around for a long time and are a massive company. This particular time customer service was less than stellar but I think a lot of vacation companies can be guilty of that.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Credit card gave me full refund via dispute already. Only took 4 days. We still have another vacation with Apple booked at the end of the month so hopefully it goes smooth.

For everyone confused on what Apple vacations is, they sell packaged flight/hotels primarily in Mexico/Caribbean. I'm shocked most people have never heard of them. They have been around for a long time and are a massive company. This particular time customer service was less than stellar but I think a lot of vacation companies can be guilty of that.
I've heard of them, they're pretty good if you don't need to cancel. This is the biggest problem with buying package vacations, you play hell getting your money back because it's 3rd party. We had trouble with a trip to Jamaica a while back, took months to get a refund. We only book direct now.

Users who are viewing this thread