APten chip vs Predator

akaeric

Established Member
IAfter buying a 2004 model Apten was the only one I could fine that had a tune for that new of a model. I have been running it for 6 months and after Predator came out for a 2004 I had to try it. So I puled the chip and tuned with the predator I like having control over some things like the traction control. So I'm trying to compare. the Apten was a rocket in third on I have a vert and can tell the extra weight I miss my coupe in this department I can tell the differants with a full throttle clutch drop the coupe would smoke all the way throough 2nd and try to spin the car around I had no cats on that car though and a Acculab intake witch I don't think I will ever get another one I never got the idle right. Sorry didn't mean to get in all that. Which do you think is better I haven't had a chance to really put it to work.

Teeshot

Established Member
TEESHOT"S COBRA

i have liked the predator so for, 91 octane pulley tune was ok
no problems i have seen.
TeeShot
0038.jpg

Last edited:

akaeric

Established Member
I yea I liked the predator tune on my 2003 but I allso had alot more mods. There was nothing wrong with the Apten chip I had in the 2004 the only rhing I missed was being able to turn that dam traction control off and keep it off. I got tired of having it turned off. I haven't had a real good chance I think the predator is giving more lower torque thats a jufgement of by the seat of my pants and the tires are braking lose alot easier. The chip is a rocket in third on up and the rpm limiter was lowered so I hit it less. I have found a dyno close to me so I'm going to check it out.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I noticed my Predator tunes to be MUCH stronger SOTP compared to my Amazon tuned chip and JDM chip. I mean not just a small difference, the pulling power was huge between them! I love the Predator and plan on keeping it for a long time, even when I decide to drop the cash on a different blower. I like being able to have my tunes emailed to me instead of sending my computer to apten.

akaeric

Established Member
I agree this might sound cazy I think my predator tune took awhile for everything to adjust but my car has now come alive it pulls good .My tire skip the wheel hope easier and goes into a burn out and secound two my Apten took a little more work to do that. I had the predator in my 2003 coupe though I had alot more mods she was fun I miss my coupe for that I like the Predator. Of course the Mystichrome shes starting to breakin real nice now.

Users who are viewing this thread