APTEN RESULTS WOW

PETE03SVT

Established Member
After breaking the stock Eaton, I decidid to go with an Apten blower and I can honestly say it's the best mod for the money. After the install what a noticable difference from before. I went to the dyno yesterday and here are the numbers.
490 HP.
513 TQ.
This was done on a " off the shelf " Diablo chip. The car leaned out from 6-6500 rpm on the top end. I will be getting a custom dyno tune within 2 weeks and hopefully break the 500hp mark.
I don't have a scanner to post the dyno sheet, but i'll try to find a way. A big thanks to Brian and the crew at Apten, excellent work.

PETE03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 03redfiresnake
how did you break the stock eaton ? what mods did you have ?
2.80 upper and 6 lower. Overspun the blower and melted a few bearings in the snout.

lethal

Established Member
So, what are your mods now, was 500 hp achieved with a 2.8 only? and 6" lower only? or do you have both pullies on now?

John

PETE03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
So, what are your mods now, was 500 hp achieved with a 2.8 only? and 6" lower only? or do you have both pullies on now?

John
3.1 upper and 6 lower making 18-19 psi.

Last edited:

PETE03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
Nice numbers. What were your A/F numbers?
Thanks. a/f was okay till 6000 rpm after that it leans out to about 13:1. It will be dynotuned soon.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I wonder if this porting and a Dr Gas x-pipe can get me to 500rwhp. Hmmmmmm.... :-D

Nice results. :thumbsup:

-Jason

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
pete, you are probably pegging out your MAF sensor at 6K RPM's. A good tuner can add fuel up there to remedy that problem.

Brian

PETE03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by BrianH
pete, you are probably pegging out your MAF sensor at 6K RPM's. A good tuner can add fuel up there to remedy that problem.

Brian
Yes, that seems to be the problem. I will be getting it dynotuned in a couple of weeks and as soon as its done, I will post some numbers well over 500. :beer:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Who is doing your dyno tune? There aren't many Diablo tuners in our area. Cody Mac is the only one I can think of off the top of my head and they are a good 2+ hours away.

PETE03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Who is doing your dyno tune? There aren't many Diablo tuners in our area. Cody Mac is the only one I can think of off the top of my head and they are a good 2+ hours away.
Amazon Racing

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by PETE03SVT
2.80 upper and 6 lower. Overspun the blower and melted a few bearings in the snout.

Sorry to hear that. I've been wondering if and how often this is going to happen with similiar setups to yours, I just wish it wouldn't happen.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by BrianH

Brian

LOL....With the improved blower, larger crank pulley, and small snout pulley, The MAF probably pegged out at closer 4000 rpm to 4500 rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread