• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

AR builders...in here

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Double"O", Aug 8, 2019.

1. CV355

CV355 _ Established Member

HPA will never go through. Last several versions of it got lost to the bureaucracy of the "ways and means committee." You can look it up. HR367 is headed the same direction.

"Ways and Means" is basically a catch-all for bills to get swept into and slowly die in.

For what its worth, ATF are a bunch of illiterate dog-killers, but nobody has knocked on my door asking to see my tax stamps. From what I understand, they are actually quite helpful to FFL / business owners.

2. K&DSVT

K&DSVT Member Established Member

I’m a class 2 manufacturer and have been for over 20 years. Unfortunately the HPA is a pipe dream with the dems pushing for another awb you’ll never get enough votes in the house to push it through to the senate. For the original poster I would recommend using a 9 inch barrel especially if you are planning to run it suppressed. AAC when they developed the round the designed it around a 9 inch barrel. I would use a good free float rail preferably a m lock as that is what uncle sugar is using and what will probably be more prevalent in the future. Midwest industries make some nice models. If you do go with a 9” barrel you can go sbr, if you do do a form 1 on e-file, the times are down under 2 months for the stamps that way. If you go pistol sb tactical make some nice pistol braces. Lowers are pretty much the same I did a bcm for mine but Anderson, stag , spikes will all work fine. For Triggers I would recommend geissele t

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

3. K&DSVT

Sorry hit wrong button, for a trigger I recommend geissele triggers. For sights I would suggest either a EOTech 552 or a trijicon mro. For backup irons magpul should be ok unless you really hard on stuff then get the professional ( there metal). Get a m16 bolt carrier for the extra weight. Just use good mil spec parts from a reputable manufacturer and you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

4. ZEN357

ZEN357 Active Member Established Member

Anyone try a 3MR Trigger or a FosTech Echo 2 Trigger? Just wondered everyone's thoughts on them.

5. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

6. Junior00

Junior00 You're Wrong Premium Member Established Member

I’ve got 3 Geissele triggers, but for $87 last I looked the Larue MBT just can’t be beat imho. It has a barely perceptible bit more of reset to me but no creep, the break is better than the SSA/E and G2S models from what I perceive.

7. K&DSVT

The MBT is a good trigger I have installed several for customers and is a lot better value for the money but I still prefer the geiselle personally. My two favorites are the SD-3G and the SSA-E
    In answer to ZEN 357 the fostech echo 2 trigger works pretty well with just a little practice, a whole lot better than the Franklin armory model. Still not as fast or dependable as a regular M16. Don't know about the 3mr trigger not had any experience with them

8. Dip Dungles

Dip Dungles Pew Pew Premium Member Established Member

Aero is what I’m running for my 10.5 SBR and I have no complaints about the upper except for the actual rail. IMO it’s a little to bulky and I’d like something slimmer but for the price you can’t go wrong. You can always upgrade the rail to whatever you want down the road.

BlksvtCobra01 likes this.
  9. OETKB

OETKB bad attitude Established Member

+1 for Aero Precision

TaraFirma and BlksvtCobra01 like this.
  10. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

Just got a jp enterprises silent capture buffer for my armalite

I'm gonna go aero for my build

Thinkin 308

11. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

Blasphemy. Every AR needs to sproing! I have a JP low mass buffer in mine.

I have a Geisele two stage and while it's phenomenal I think Jewell is better.

After reading this thread I think it's time to build a supressed AR......

12. TaraFirma

TaraFirma Well-Known Member Established Member

+2 for Aero P on your lower. My last build was one of their Texas lowers. Really nice with an integrated enlarged trigger guard and a beveled mag well.

BlksvtCobra01 likes this.
  13. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

How do you like the buffer?
    I got mine in...haven't shot yet the the action is noticeably smoother...they way it should be imo

14. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

I haven't done a comparison with vs without it as the rifle was built with it from the start. The rifle is stupid smooth but I can't say how much JP's buffer plays a role in that and how much are the other parts. If the muzzle break didn't make it sound like a tank was going off you'd think you were shooting a BB gun.