Are Mexican Muscle Cars in Our Future?

LS Boss

Established Member

Branhammer

Established Member
I'll buy Mustangs as long as they're good cars. If they start falling apart after they move production to Mexico then I'll change my mind. I don't think that'll happen though because the F-Series is built down there and they are still well-built.

I'd be shocked if the Mustang plants moved to Mexico though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Most of it is made in Mexico anyways. Assembled fully in USA. Doesn't bother me, its all made and assembled to a factory specified tolerance.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I don't see it as any different than Made in Canada, so long as the quality is there.

That would be interesting.

Are burritos and quesadillas flying out the tailpipes when you hit the spray button or drop the hammer, going into boost?

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Pepe my Fusion was assembled in Hermosillo, Mexico. It didn't smell like Taqueria inside when I bought it. :(

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I'll buy Mustangs as long as they're good cars. If they start falling apart after they move production to Mexico then I'll change my mind. I don't think that'll happen though because the F-Series is built down there and they are still well-built.

I'd be shocked if the Mustang plants moved to Mexico though.

The F series is not made in Mexico.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
This, to me, is another nail in the coffin for the "American" car. Everyone always says buy American, but there is no such thing anymore. Just as thomas said, most of the components are produced in Mexico, Canada, China, etc, and simply slapped together state side. What's the difference if they put it together where the parts were made?

Maustang

Established Member
This, to me, is another nail in the coffin for the "American" car. Everyone always says buy American, but there is no such thing anymore. Just as thomas said, most of the components are produced in Mexico, Canada, China, etc, and simply slapped together state side. What's the difference if they put it together where the parts were made?

Unemployment rate.
Detroit sure could use the assembly jobs.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My Lightning was made in Canada. My Camaro was made in Canada. The Hellcat Challenger is made in Canada. I don't really care where it's made as long as it's a good car.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
As said above, as long as the cars don't fall apart I will buy them. My company has a supplier who has a facility in Mexico. The parts are usually good, although we had a couple problems after they first moved to Mexico. One of them being the instructions weren't properly translated into spanish... As long as the assembly is automated, and there are plenty of QC checks along the way to catch problems.

Honestly though the parts are all good. They go on expensive military and commercial aircraft, and satellites and things. Most of the production is automated. It's the shipping part we get screwed over on. They will bill us for every shipment, but if we order 100 components, they will send us a giant ass box for 5 tiny connectors, a small box of 30, a medium box of 45 of the wrong ones, and another giant box of the remainder. All within a 3 day period, and that's on a good day. They are always late. They constantly get the paperwork wrong, too which holds us up even more when we can't do anything without the proper Certificate of Conformance.

jbs$

Established Member
The issue with Mexlcan workers is simple, which we learned through our own experience, most can speak English, very few can read it. You have to video all training and break it down into short segments.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Ram builds some truck in US and some in Mexico. Sadly the Mexican built trucks are generally regarded as having better panel fit, paint, etc. Granted the factuality in Mexico is much newer but makes you wonder how difficult it is to even get a new plant built in the US. Especially if the unions are involved.

Users who are viewing this thread