Are my insurance rates on the rise?

xtremeskime21

Established Member
So I was coming home from my brother and sister-in-laws today and out of nowhere a hawk flies right into the front of our Toyota Highlander. I had my wife and two kids in the car so all I could do was slow down minimally, not swerve and take the hit (72 mph). It jacked up the left headlight, dented the very front left fender near the head light and the bumper is pulled away from the fender about 1/4 inch. The hood is also about 3/8th of an inch further away from the fender. My deductible is 500 and we use state farm, will they raise my rates for this? Just curious if anyone has had to deal with something along these lines. Thanks.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I called the 24hr line and got the ball rolling and the guy I talked to said it would be comprehensive.

verbal

Established Member
It should be considered a no fault accident. I had a deer run into the side of my car and it was a no fault on my record. Your insurance will not go up.

txyaloo

Established Member
Are any parts of the hawk still in/on the car? If so, I would immediately go wash them off. Federal game wardens have screwed people in the past that accidentally hit a bird of prey.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Are any parts of the hawk still in/on the car? If so, I would immediately go wash them off. Federal game wardens have screwed people in the past that accidentally hit a bird of prey.

Nope, nothing left on the car. That is crazy! Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread