Arh lth wideband location

D-MANN

Established Member
Where did you guys mount your wideband on ARH LTH? Before the o2 sensor,after or on the x pipe?

I'D WIN

Established Member
Replaced rear o2 sensor with the wideband sensor.

Otherwise, adjacent and slightly behind the front o2 sensor. The manufacturer recommendations are pretty solid, too.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I have mine right after the collector on the x pipe (next closest spot behind the upstream o2 sensor)
Just remember the farther away from the engine the slower the response to give the reading
I think per instructions it says like 12'' away or somewhere around there

D-MANN

Established Member
I have mine right after the collector on the x pipe (next closest spot behind the upstream o2 sensor)
Just remember the farther away from the engine the slower the response to give the reading
I think per instructions it says like 12'' away or somewhere around there

Ok thanks that was the location I was thinking of going with. I then started thinking before the o2 might be better but I don't recall anyone doing that.

Cabbage

Established Member
would it be stupid to put in 2 more ports in the X pipe for the wide band and keep all 4 o2 sensors? Or is it better to delete the rear o2 and go there? I'm wondering myself cause I have ARH installed already? ( D-MANN you already know ) haha

I'D WIN

Established Member
Plenty of scientific and proven information regarding position of wideband sensor. The difference is extremely negligible. VMP also did their own studies showing the same results. I believe Justin posted it up a few years back.

Just delete the rear o2 sensors in the tune. Plug the passenger side rear o2 sensor bank. Use the driver side rear sensor bung for the wideband.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Here is one of Justin's post...

I have taken lab grade NTK sensors with my AFM1000 widebands and put them in different places in the exhaust to measure A/F simultaneously. There is really no shift in a/f reading, only a delay and smoothing effect if you put it farther back or after a cat.

Cats essentially don't work at WOT, they just introduce a little bit of oxygen (which shows a leaner a/f) for a few seconds and then clear out. In some cases its better to get a reading after the cat, as high backpressure before the cat can shift the a/f reading by as much as .5, a stock GT500 has 15psi of backpressure and that is enough to shift the reading.

IMO the rumor of widebands reading leaner in the tailpipe or after cats started because of dynojet vacuum pumps with leaks in the tubing and worn out sensors.

I'D WIN

Established Member
If your going to add a bung, add it per the instructions and based on previous posts. I just prefer it to be adjacent to and slightly behind/offset from the front sensor because of the routing of the sensor cable from inside the vehicle.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Plenty of scientific and proven information regarding position of wideband sensor. The difference is extremely negligible. VMP also did their own studies showing the same results. I believe Justin posted it up a few years back.

Just delete the rear o2 sensors in the tune. Plug the passenger side rear o2 sensor bank. Use the driver side rear sensor bung for the wideband.

This is what I did. The arh x pipe also has the right angle, so the sensor shouldn't collect a lot of condensation.

ctgreddy

Established Member
This subject is beat to death. Pull out your rear o2's and be done. There's only a few things that really matter on wideband placement.

-dont put it directly behind an existing sensor
-Make certain there's no exhaust leak before the o2 as that will change readings
-dont put close enough to the end of the exhaust where it could somehow read outside air
-for longevity dont put it on a downward angle in the pipe

Lots of places have a tube they put in a couple feet in your tail pipe like a "sniffer" and have great luck with that. If they can do that while tuning, you can have zero worries putting it where the rear o2's are.

Users who are viewing this thread