As of 9/10/18, I'll be selling Chevrolet products!

D1984

Whining
Established Member
After over 9 years of selling Toyota, I decided to make a change. Mainly career reasons, since I wasn't getting the promotions I wanted even though I've always been in the top 3 each and every year with the best product knowledge and perfect CSI on top of that. Right up until my last hour the owner and general manager tried to get me to stay, but since they didn't have a solid offer for me I decided to stick to my plans.

Anyways, should be fun selling Z06s and ZL1s instead of Camrys. It's a smaller store and I have direct communication with the owner so it will be easy to move up with my experience and talent. I'm going to be doing internet sales and it looks like we're the cheapest dealer in the area. So if anybody is in California and wants the hook up on a Chevy let me know. I don't know full details about what kind of stuff I can do yet, will know after I start.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
After over 9 years of selling Toyota, I decided to make a change. Mainly career reasons, since I wasn't getting the promotions I wanted even though I've always been in the top 3 each and every year with the best product knowledge and perfect CSI on top of that. Right up until my last hour the owner and general manager tried to get me to stay, but since they didn't have a solid offer for me I decided to stick to my plans.

Anyways, should be fun selling Z06s and ZL1s instead of Camrys. It's a smaller store and I have direct communication with the owner so it will be easy to move up with my experience and talent. I'm going to be doing internet sales and it looks like we're the cheapest dealer in the area. So if anybody is in California and wants the hook up on a Chevy let me know. I don't know full details about what kind of stuff I can do yet, will know after I start.

Congrats man. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Thanks guys. I have a sweet schedule too. 5 day weeks, 45 hours. Having two days off in a row is like a vacation to me

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Good luck! There is no better motivation to succeed than being passed over. If you come across a C6Z with under 15k lmk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Sounds like you're very happy with this change.

I might hit you up down the road for info on the coming '19 Blazer. ;)

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Good luck. You need any advice feel free to reach out. Top Chevy salesperson in my area for 5 years, sold Subarus for 2 years, 2 years as a desk manager, 1 year as a bdc manager, and the last 6 months as a bdc / sales manager. I know the internet game fairly well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Wow, forgot about this thread. Little update... I lasted about a month at the Chevy store before I started hating it and shopping around for other dealers. They didn't get anywhere near the leads they told me they were getting, nor were they doing the volume. And GM cut the CSI money in half which they also didn't tell me about.

Plus the whole store was just a lot weaker and less efficient than I was used to in terms of actually selling. Their inventory management was horrible, the lot itself was way too small, and I had to park a mile away on a side street and walk to work which they also didn't tell me in the beginning. And the schedule I thought I could set turned out to be a lie as well. All this plus a long commute gave me almost 0 reason to work there. I was consistently making $8-10k a month at my old store and was told I would easily exceed that at the Chevy store, so when I saw how impossible this was I decided to cut my losses.

Well, circumstance and timing being as they are, right when I was gonna quit anyways my old general manager called me back and offered me a sales manager position at his Nissan store. I took it. So now, I have a good crew working for me, and so far our front end gross is 4x what the other manager does with his crew. After seeing volume dry up for some of these volume based stores and watching 90% of their sales staff suddenly drop to minimum wage, I'm more than happy to be back to a profit based pay plan. Of course I'm making pretty much the same money I did when I sold Toyota, but I'm in a position I can use as a stepping stone to general sales manager and then general manager which is my ultimate goal. Plus, no more test drives or walking around the lot with customers in the cold wind or 100+ degree heat which is nice.

So yeah, life is weird. Last night my new GSM jokingly asked me where I've been all these years and why I didn't come up sooner since I'm putting up numbers they aren't used to at all, and I told him the man was holding me down at Toyota, LOL

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Lol. How are nissans holding up nowadays? I keep hearing bad things such as they are the FCA of Japan

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Lol. How are nissans holding up nowadays? I keep hearing bad things such as they are the FCA of Japan

the CVT always has been and always will be crap. besides that they're solid. the Frontier is always rated the most reliable truck on the market. and we're selling the crap out of the Rogue family. i never end up selling cars i'm really passionate about, i just follow the money.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
the CVT always has been and always will be crap. besides that they're solid. the Frontier is always rated the most reliable truck on the market. and we're selling the crap out of the Rogue family. i never end up selling cars i'm really passionate about, i just follow the money.
When i wrote service for Nissan, Rogues and altimas flew out the door.

And Nissans have bulletproof engines but, yes the CVT is garbage.

SHOdown220

Established Member

They improve that crap yet? Its been years since I've used it but never was a fan. Been on rey rey for years now and for the most part love it.

Car industry is weird, I've been a ford guy all my life but writing service for them was the worst experience I've ever had. Been with Honda 8 years, nothing I'm really passionate about but I know the product and the money is better lol

D1984

Whining
Established Member
They improve that crap yet? Its been years since I've used it but never was a fan. Been on rey rey for years now and for the most part love it.

Car industry is weird, I've been a ford guy all my life but writing service for them was the worst experience I've ever had. Been with Honda 8 years, nothing I'm really passionate about but I know the product and the money is better lol

ADP still has issues but it's better than it used to be. We have a good IT guy, just did a seamless transition to the new temporary plates CA is using this year. It seems like the Japanese brands just do things more efficiently from the top down. I really hated the way GM did things. Their invoices and incentives are a nightmare, and their production philosophies are retarded

D1984

Whining
Established Member
We use Elead1One for our CRM and we also work deals through it using epencil for a majority of the deals. Integrates pretty well with ADP in most situations

Users who are viewing this thread