At a cross roads

brucesvt

Established Member
I Need your opinion. I bought my mystic back in September 2017 right after my mother passed away as a project to distract me. I even made a thread tracking the progress. It’s been my dream car since I was a freshman in high school and I saw them on the dealership floor.

Moved to Colorado from Texas back in September 2019 for work and left my car at my ex wife’s house with the intension my 18yr old daughter would drive it etc. but it’s just been sitting since and I am thinking of selling it. My daughters Bf has been taking care of it more than my daughter. This is the last pic he sent me this week lol

Next mod would have been a 3 core radiator, new subframe connectors and maximum motor 4 point brace from a member on here.

Here are the things I have replaced/ upgraded:

New brakes and rotors all around
New rear shocks
New suspension bushings from front to back
New water pump
New Alternator
New clutch
New coolant reservior and cap
Newer electric radiator fan
New power steering pump and complete flush of power steering system
New throttle position sensor
IMRC delete plates
BBK throttle body
C&L cold air intake
Bassini X pipe
Borla mufflers
Battery is 1yr old and strong
New oil cooler housing seals
Complete cooling system flush and oil change a month ago.

Interior
S197 GT front seats
03 Mach 1 center console
FR500 steering wheel
Steeda Tri-ax shifter
IMG_2252.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Adower

Established Member
The car is your dream car and also helped you get over your moms passing. So there is some sort of sentimental value. If your daughter isn’t interested in the car I would fly down and drive it back. You’ll have more interest in the car once you can drive it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thats crazy Bruce. Your dream car was a Mystic, so you bought a red one?

I'd keep it due to the sentimental value.
This!

A shame that the Mystic paint was covered in red :eek: but the sentimental value might be more valuable to Bruce than the devaluing of the car by the paint coverup.

brucesvt

Established Member
Does anyone a extra throttle spring I can purchase? I was just informed it needs one,

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

scottydsntknow

Established Member
is that still an issue in this day and age? I thought some people have got the paint without having a car.

Yes it can only be repainted at a Ford dealer and it must have a Mystic VIN. They have to order the paint special and its a controlled item. Any leftover it gets sent back to a disposal location. Why I'd never own one as much as I'd like to.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Yes it can only be repainted at a Ford dealer and it must have a Mystic VIN. They have to order the paint special and its a controlled item. Any leftover it gets sent back to a disposal location. Why I'd never own one as much as I'd like to.
Just get one, put new fenders, bumpers, hood, trunk etc on it, get it all painted. Then you'll have spares of everything :D

Users who are viewing this thread