Attention MT-82 victoms!!!

POSFTW

Established Member
Attention MT-82 victims!!!

I have been banned from a forum for posting this info. Our Mt-82transmissions are factory filled with XT-11-QDC, get it out A.S.A.P. Getrag has only approved XT-M5-QS for use in our transmissions. This has solved basically all of my warm-hot shifting woes. Cold is still a bit notchy, but it is getting better with each passing mile. Good luck to all -Craig

Last edited:

POSFTW

Established Member
I really do not feel like being banned for exposing this problem, I'll post more when I am at my personal PC with more documentation.

ViciousJay

Established Member
if you can provide proof you wont be banned, you will be looked to as a savior, remember the truth will set you free

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I really do not feel like being banned for exposing this problem, I'll post more when I am at my personal PC with more documentation.

You will not get banned for providing useful accurate info. Welcome to SVTP.

POSFTW

Established Member
Start by reading your owners manual, you all did this upon delivery right. You will see the listed fluid as XT-11-QDC for your MT-82. This fluid is for DCT's like my 2011 Fiesta. Day one I said WTF? I had read and knew the MT-82 required XT-M5-QS. I mentioned this to my dealer, my parts department, and every single 2011 owner I had the privledge of meeting. Needless to say I was told it is the correct fluid, a typo, I am a liar, and the list goes on. Frankly I don't really give a ****, this really is my last attempt to help the community. XT-M5-QS has been the key to get many Getrags to shift correctly, Mazda guys swear by it.

After the weather turns cool, consistantly around 35 degrees the problems really start. Same baulky, notchy, clunking bullshit as everyone else. At 3,559miles I drain out the brown super thin XT-11-QDC and replace with light amber XT-M5-QS also known as tranny honey. The tranny right away was smoother, it felt lubricated and protected. I went easy for a hundred miles and then lightly got on it for the next few hundred. Everyday the tranny feels better. This tranny really likes to be hot. I now have almost 500 miles since the switch, I suspect there is damage to the trans but what can I do now.

I honestly suspect the shifter and linkage as a possible problem area. When I boil the tranny tunnel and can actually feel the heat coming through the carpet and shifter I know it is party time. My shifter, knob, center console, body tunnel or tranny tunnel are always the last to get warm. When the car is warm, the shifter warm, tunnel warm, this thing will rip.

Theory time. The air that circulates under the car, around the tranny, through the linkage is cooling everything down too much. I do not know if the durometer of the shitty rubber in the linkage or shifter but I know it hates the cold. The linkage is most likely binding or sticking or needs some lube. Above 40 degrees the car is perfect now.

Yeah we all know the hydraulics, pressure plate bolts, clutch pedal all got ****ed, but seriously guys just read your owners manual.

http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/quickref/mantrans.pdf
Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid
Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
it doesnt seem like you have gone far. if you have just talked your local dealer. why not call ford and talk to R&D dept or one of the head engineers. they are not gonna want to replace a bunch of transmissions under a recall. fluid is cheaper than a new trans or replacing synchros.

there are guys on here that work for ford. so they could definitely get an answer quick. next time just post of the info with a little less "drama queen" attached to it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
What sites have you been banned from? What was your username on those sites? What was the reason given for why you were banned?

Hqen2000

Sounds interesting... Make sure we all stay on top of this. I've only got about 1800 miles on mine so if I can change the fluid right now that'll be fine. Otherwise someone should talk to Ford and post the official responce.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
What sites have you been banned from? What was your username on those sites? What was the reason given for why you were banned?

Yea.. THIS.

I'm not sure how many, but some people assume we are connected with SVT in someway, since we have had that name for so long.

Seems pretty darn odd to get banned for posting up some trans lube information or opinion.

I would like to know too. Where do they do THAT?:shrug: I'm on a few different forums, and I can't imagine that happening.

Unless it's FALSE and provable as such.:shrug:

POSFTW

Established Member
AllFordMustangs banned me, username POS197, reason "troll". I have not persued this because, no one has cared to listen until now. The fluid is not the silver bullet but it may very well be a huge piece of the equation.

kevinp

Established Member
Yea.. THIS.

I'm not sure how many, but some people assume we are connected with SVT in someway, since we have had that name for so long.

Seems pretty darn odd to get banned for posting up some trans lube information or opinion.

I would like to know too. Where do they do THAT?:shrug: I'm on a few different forums, and I can't imagine that happening.

Unless it's FALSE and provable as such.:shrug:

If people get banned for posting BS on car forums there wouldnt be many posters :)

Owners manuals have typos, but who knows if the info fron Getrag that was 'read' wasnt a typo either. The only thing I can guarantee is if you swap the fluid you are taking the risk of losing the warranty if something happens to the trans. If Ford used the wrong fluid and it blows up its their problem.

POSFTW

Established Member
The fluid that came out was completely different from what I replaced it with. I have read all of the MSDS and the two physical discriptions are spot on. I almost even checked the fluid in my DCT 2011 fiesta. DCT is brown and mostly thin, the MTL is clear/amber and very close to 10w-30/40 when room temp. The two fluids have the same WSS-M2C200-D2 rating, but are clearly different in the overall appearence, chemical make-up, and performance.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Well this could hold some water, people who change the fluid say it helps, some added friction modifiers to the orginal fluid and say it didnt really help. So the base fluid might be the issue... hell IDK tho

AmnDucky

Established Member
AllFordMustangs banned me, username POS197, reason "troll". I have not persued this because, no one has cared to listen until now. The fluid is not the silver bullet but it may very well be a huge piece of the equation.

Don't feel bad, AFM is junk.

Users who are viewing this thread